Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

LOL..Something that clicks buttons?? So party believes that there are programs that randomly click buttons? Well as a live player I find it to our benefit to allow users to program something to push buttons? This will also increase $$$ for party as well? So I don't think they are concerned with programs that click buttons.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL..Something that clicks buttons?? So party believes that there are programs that randomly click buttons? Well as a live player I find it to our benefit to allow users to program something to push buttons? This will also increase $$$ for party as well? So I don't think they are concerned with programs that click buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

did i say it clicked them randomly? no.

it is in party's best interest to shut down automated programs, winners or not.

c
Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Hey guys, a request: can we have less talk about how Party detects bots (I sure don't care, I'm not writing one) and whether playing multiple accounts is bad (wrong thread) and more on whether this is a bot that's beating the game for that much?

I've never played vs. him, obviously, but if someone wrote a bot that was good enough to be up at least 15K+ and won a TLB, I wanna know about it.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM

you just want to claim some of the $ because of your patented robot strategy. freaking lawyers.

the guy's not a bot. he plays mad hours and splits the acct with a friend.

c'est tout.

if there's a bot out there that beats the game for a big amount it's not him.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:23 PM

Then how'd he manage to miss a few dozen popups?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:30 PM

I never even get these popups when I'm playing sngs, only at ring games. that true for anyone else?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never even get these popups when I'm playing sngs, only at ring games. that true for anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is extrememly rare for people to get them playing SnGs, and if you do get them you can be sure you are under investigation and it would be pretty smart to actually respond to them.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 AM

I do not think Juicy is a bot.

I am infuriated that we do not get some hand histories here to help show not-bot behavior. The check-raise all-in that was posted. That is advanced Bot behavior, if it is a bot.

I do think that Juicy messed up by teaming the account. Probably had multiple log in attempts or frequent geographic jumps that did not add up. Teaming an account and mistakes made implementing that plan probably got his account investigated.

He messed up. Maybe not by using AI but he messed up. He should confess to the teaming on the accounts and see how things go from there.

I do not think that the bots have made a jump to such high profit margins. Last I heard the bots were making pennies at ring games. Maybe SNG's are a bit easier than ring games but I still doubt that this sort of profitability is possible by a bot.

I see no proof of BOTness.

Many games, two players can do that.

The timing of mouseclicks. HearSay, I want to know how many mouseclicks, how many milliseconds and by what clock.

Staying at the 20's and not moving up.. A human can do that.
Geeze it takes a bazillion games to show Irie that you are not losing in the loooong run. So what is wrong with playing many hands at a level?

If he wants to prove that he is not a bot and he has PokerTracker he merely has to show a wide variety of play given similar situations. I know , I know a bot can be programmed to be somewhat random but once a bot hits profitability I imagine that the programmers would not bother getting too fancy. I mean if adding the stop and go made you .0001 % more money ..big deal.

So find some check raises, some flexible blind defense that shows some creative thinking and email that to party and see what they say.

It is possible that the investigators are technically backwards and do not understand poker, computers, or much of anything. So convincing them could be dificult.

--
tjh
Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 AM

Which should partly dismiss him from using a bot. If you were cheating, you're at reasonable risk so would minimise your exposure and keep the account balance quite low. I haven't heard anything that suggests he uses a bot.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:43 AM

One question... who gets the money? it should go back to the people who lost it (impossible surely). If the site gets to keep it thats just pure wrong. it would mean it would be advantageous for them to have bots on there site. Anyone know?