Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: 3/6 - HUUUUGE Pot - i got a boat!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just bet the turn myself.

I'd also seriously begin to worry about being beaten when my turn check-raise is 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

the prospect of trapping all those players for a raise was too enticing. perhaps it's wrong, but i thought it was good.

does MP2 really raise PF here with 77 or 55?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise 77 here about 50% of the time. 55 not so much. Sure looks like he has 77, or a massively overplayed AA
Old 11-29-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With no reads, I don't see MP2 with 77 or 55 (because of his preflop action).

His 3-bet of the turn c/r is a little scary, but does he really have 77 or 55 - I just can't believe it. Cap is fine.

Definitely 3-betting the river, especially when the flush gets there.

If he has JJ so be it. If he has 77 or 55 I shed a tear and watch the pot slide his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be amazed if you lost this hand. Then again, I recently lost to QQQQ with a boat and didn't see it coming. Looking back, I should have realized the possibility with the villian's preflop raise and a flop of QQ9 (I had 99). The best I figured he had was three of a kind. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully, you weren't here.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise 77 here about 50% of the time. 55 not so much. Sure looks like he has 77, or a massively overplayed AA

[/ QUOTE ]
Because MP2 raised preflop, I don't think he has a hand that has a 5 or 7 in it. 55 or 77 won't usually raise preflop after 2-3 early limpers either. I think he has an overpair or AK or AQs. If that AK or AQ is in [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s that could account for his aggession, although his three bet on the turn seems overly aggressive with a draw. Something is not jiving here with MP2s play.

I'd probably lean towards a three bet on the river, but it's probably close in EV either way.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused by what to do on the river. I'd probably just call like you. What did villain have?

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn mullets! 77. Woulda been a nice pot, but not a big deal.