Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Turned Straight/Turned Nauseous

2nd hand at table after posting behind button, so no reads/stats on anyone. No notes on villian either.

200NL, full ring, 7 handed-

SB:$236
BB:$89
UTG (Villian):$339
UTG+1:$122
MP1 (Hero):$200
CO:$50
Button:$180

Hero dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian limps,UTG+1 limps, I limp, CO limps, button folds, SB completes, BB raises to 6, all call. Pot = $36

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB check, BB bets 10, Villian calls, UTG+1 folds, I call, CO and SB call. 6 players, pot= $96

Turn:J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Villian bets 16, I raise to 48, CO folds, SB calls, Villian pushes for 275, Hero gets nauseous and ???

I think I misplayed about every street here. Should have raised preflop, that I know. Any one like raising the flop with the overpair and open ended straight draw? I thought I'd take one off to make sure a 3rd club didn't fall before getting frisky. After the turn action I was lost. No idea if Villian would play T-Q UTG. I might be ahead here, but I'm not sure how often. Even if I am, I would imagine that the villian and player left to act would have a bunch of redraws against me (Flush outs, set with full house outs).

All comments appreciated-

I swear I'm about a buy-in away from PM'ing Bobbo!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Turned Straight/Turned Nauseous

yea that flop needs to be bet.

1. because if someone did hit a set and you nail your straight on the turn.. or a better set.. you can get the rest of his money.
2. there were way too many limpers here, you should have come in raising here probably to thin the field as much as you can especially 7 handed.. 10-10 becomes a raising hand instead of seeing a cheap flop and trying to hit a set IMO

somebody could have probably made the straight already.

also, dont "wait to see if a club comes" because if they have clubs theyre on a draw.. and you bet into them because the math says they will miss more times than not.

with all the dead money in that pot you're getting well over 2-1 on your money with two cards in your hand to the gutshot and the nuts.

he came in raising, its possible he has something like a set of 9's or a big pair.