Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: 4 handed river decision? (online 50/100)

[ QUOTE ]

1) You have a very easy preflop reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff,
I must be completely missing something here. Why would you reraise pf?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM

I am a retard. I saw the title of the thread and thought the GAME was 4-handed, not that the hand played 4-handed. Sorry for the confusion. In this case, I can see either reraising or calling preflop as viable options, depending on game conditions. I see what he was thinking here so the coldcall was fine. I think my postflop advice is still fine though...I'd have to look back at it which I don't have time for right now.

Jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 03:50 PM

You're missing the fact that I suck at multitasking.

Jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

I'd raise this river. There is some chance you will get further action or people calling two.

I much prefer going for overcalls if there's some chance that I am beat by the original bettor but I am likely ahead of the other potential overcallers (and if they are winning, they aren't going to fold for two). Then the possibility of getting 3-bet is bad for you and makes you more inclined to overcall.

Here, you welcome a 3-bet, and you may get one because it's hard to put you on AJ here. Only AhJh makes sense, and if I were the villain in this hand, I'd 3-bet KK here and pay you off when you cap it without hesitation.

BTW, I play preflop, flop, and turn as you did, though the flop is close and I would consider raising depending on opponent tendencies.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 PM

u r not a tag player. a tag player would 3 bet preflop 2 thin the field and take control of the hand.if its capped then a true tag would then know that he's probably behind in the hand preflop.if ur bet into on the flop RAISE!u have the nut flush draw with 2 over cards.on the turn bet out 2 represent either a premium hand or top pair or set.when u river the nut straight raise.If there is 2 players behind u its unlikley both will call if u just call but both may fold so ur best chance 4 an extra bet is from the fool who bet out on the river with either 2 pair or a rivered set.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 PM

well, i wouldnt play preflop or flop like that, but i think its fine.

river seems like a clear raise.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:18 AM

Let me preface by saying that I do not play this high...10-20 thru 20-40...

Preflop, you can make a case for the cold call or the reraise, either is fine, IMO.

Flop, this is an easy raise, with the nut flush draw and two over cards, plus, you take control of the hand.

Turn, assuming you had raised, you can either raise the PF bettor if he donk bets here, or be the bettor, as with the K, you can represent any number of big hands. If you get called, great, you have as many as 12 good outs. But there is also a chance you take it down on the turn with a raise/bet.

River, where, had you played the hand as above (raising the flop and esp. by betting/raising the turn) you look to get paid off when you raise the river, as putting you on AJ here would be near impossible, save for the "improbable" AJh.

Seems like you had chances to make much more in this hand had you not played it so passively. Just the $0.02 of a lower mid-stakes player.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Results

I was happy to hit the straight instead of the flush, since it was more concealed in the way I played it. So I raised and everybody folded. Just bad luck nobody had a real hand. Looks like I could have seen some action by a lower flush if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] had hit the river, so either way I will probably raise the river most of the time.

I agree with several posters that the earlier streets can be played differently. But I also think this is a situation where it should not be played either way a majority of the time.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50/100 (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play, you should raise, you might easily be best and have good equity even when behind. The limper must suffer, it's for the greater good.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You flopped a monster. You have better pot equity than 33, 44, 55, 77, 88, 99, A5s, A7s, A8s, A9, AJo, AQo, KJ, KQ, QJ, J9s, T8s. You can suckout easily on KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, AT. What is the hold up? Cap it.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. A gutshot too. Your hand improved, easy (but not necessary) raise.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero raises or calls??

[/ QUOTE ]

You should raise with the nuts on river. You might get 3bet by a nut.

-Ange
http://www.fekali.com
Old 11-17-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The limper must suffer, it's for the greater good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very sound, imo. Unless he is a frequent limp-reraiser with AA.