Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Stealing with AA

No stats on villain and only one table read. I opened and got one cold-caller, then he 3-bet from the blinds with KK and everyone called. Flop comes AAx and he gets two callers. He checks and overccalls the turn (blank) and river (jack).

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Scott
Old 12-24-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Stealing with AA

Ugh, getting double check raised always sucks.

The flop isnt very dangerous. He could CR with any piece of the board or diamonds. A little FPS on the flop, this is an easy 3 bet.

Turn presents different problems. I am more inclined to check the turn and call or raise a river blank. Betting the turn after getting CR'd when the top card pairs is always trouble. Since you cant call down against another CR. BB is probably very certain you dont have a jack when you didnt give more action on the flop.

Nice laydown anyways.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little FPS on the flop, this is an easy 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? In a situation like this I wait to pop the turn almost every time.

Scott
Old 12-24-2005, 06:43 AM

Good fold.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 PM

why not just 3 bet the flop? also, i wouldnt fold in a steal situatio with thisschmuck, call down.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:24 PM

The flop call planning to raise the turn is fine. But I think you're good more than 25% after the turn c/r. I think this is a pretty bad fold.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:39 PM

I think whole line is great (to wait to a turn for a raise) but fold is bad IMO. I don't think he can c/r J here - if he will got his J he naturally will try to not give you free cards. I think this c/r not clearly displays that you behind. But without reads I think there too little to discuss about...
Old 12-25-2005, 02:31 AM

I 3 bet this flop.

It may be worthwhile to give thought to the fact that the BB may have a jack, sees this an obvious oppurtunity to C/r you and takes advantage of it on the flop. This is why I 3-bet this flop. Say he caps it, and then leads the turn when another J hits, you can probably fold knowing your beat to either a FH or 3 J's.

However, the way the hand played out, Im not sure what I would do. Im thinking call down.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:04 AM

I'd say that with no read on the guy it is a good fold.

However, depending on the guy it also looks a lot like the guy has a pocket pair and is not afraid of the jack.

Without some good info though, this fold is pretty automatic.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:18 AM

I like the line of calling the flop and raising the turn. However, the top card pairing is the worst thing for an overcard to see.

I'm checking this turn and betting the river if checked to, calling if bet into. It's WA/WB, and in HU situations like this, playing cautiously is fine.