Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

Adam Morrison is the best player in college right now. Morrison has scored 43 points twice this season vs. Michigan State & at Washington, both of these teams have legitimate shots to make the final 4.

At Washington, Morrison carried his team on his back the second half to come back from a 10 point half-time deficit. Morrison was a less second shot away from snapping the nation's longest home winning streak. He did all this playing most of the second half with reserves as Earl Knight DNP, Ravio was injured early and did not return. The 3 other starters, Batista, Mallon & Altidor-Cespedos all played limited minutes in the second half due to foul trouble.

Most early NBA draft projections I've seen have Morrison going #2 after Rudy Gay from Connecticut. He would've been a lottery pick in last year's draft.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Michigan State & at Washington, both of these teams have legitimate shots to make the final 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i stopped reading at this point.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:03 AM

to all the ppl saying that morrisson is the best player you are incredibly wrong.

perhaps you may not have noticed he is white.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:54 AM

What are you trying to say?
Old 12-11-2005, 02:25 AM

He's the best I've seen play this year.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:50 AM

are you really implying that stockton was, at some point in time, the best player.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:12 AM

Shelden Williams completely carried Duke on his back while JJ had 0 points in the 2nd half vs. Memphis.

JJ buries a Texas team that pretty much gave up in the 2nd half. They won by 29. He could've scored 20 points and they'd still win. Wow, he piled on points vs. a completely demoralized Texas team taht turned the ball over like 25 times, big deal. Not to mention Shelden's 20-20 effort vs. Tech while JJ was stinking it up, 6-19 from the field.

Please. It's proven by over and over again that Shelden is the BEST PLAYER ON DUKE (screw semantics, important, best, who cares). How many times does JJ not show up in a 2nd half only for Duke to win anyway because Shelden dropped a 20-15 game? How many times does foul trouble for Shelden completely throw them off their game?

Shelden is the central cog of a powerhouse team. JJ is merely the ultimate complimentary player.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:50 AM

He called bank on the shot, or so he claims- it's not THAT lucky.

I watched most of the Washington game and he blew me away. Based on that game- I'm willing to buy that he's the best. He really is an amazing offensive player. It's so nice watching a guy who plays well, and SMART when most college players are just chucking like idiots.

Reddick might be the best shooter, but Morrison is a much better scorer inside. He's got some very slick post moves and drives better than you'd think for a guy built like he is.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you really implying that stockton was, at some point in time, the best player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm implying that it's ludicrous to blanket-state that white guys can't be great basketball players.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I watched him hang 43 points on the Huskies. They defended him pretty well. The dude just keeps making shots.

b