Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s 2004 - Wow.

Tony Soprano is gay??!!

Man, the things you learn on this forum.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:28 PM

Daniel's had one heck of a year, no doubt.

Looking over his stats for the last three years.....he's pocketed 86% of the total combined earnings this year alone. It's nice when you increase your previous earnings by 12.5 from the year before and almost 49 times what you made two years ago.

Now that's what I call picking up your game.

Husker
Old 12-30-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the most impressive thing is:

WSOP: Player of the Year
WPT: Player of the Year
Card Player: Player of the year

Crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that Erik Lindgren won the WPT player of the year for season 2.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:33 PM

I think he is talking about year 3 which is barely 1/2 over.

Ken
Old 12-30-2004, 03:52 PM

Now if only the SLOWSKERS could keep a real preseason opponent on their schedule...recruit some actual speed and talent...develop it...win a few games...get to a real bowl...and win it. Then Neb would be cooking with gas wouldnt they.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if only the SLOWSKERS could keep a real preseason opponent on their schedule...recruit some actual speed and talent...develop it...win a few games...get to a real bowl...and win it. Then Neb would be cooking with gas wouldnt they.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm more than willing to cut them some slack. New coach, lot of new staff, and a brand new style of offense from the old power run football. Even with an under .500 season, I'd still match their overall record over the last 35 years up against just about anybody.

Do they even play football with helmets and pads in Jamaica? I thought you'd be more familar with the version that has a bunch of guys running around mindlessly kicking a spotted ball and trying to slide into each other. Hell, they can't even use their hands....what fun is that? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Hijacking over.

Husker
Old 12-31-2004, 09:44 AM

Don't forget he is also one of the best live player games too. This guy PwNs any poker game he plays and right now I think only Phil Ivey comes to close to matching up with him in terms of talent and pure skill, only thing is Ivey hasn't been on the tourney circuit much.

Lawrence
Old 12-31-2004, 09:59 AM

Ya their record of ducking real opponents till bowls is absolutely amazing... Iowa, Ohio St and a few other programs have begged to play home and homes with NU in their programs primes...Neb prefers to play programs with name recognition but lil talent left in the coffers (see ND Penn st in last few yrs).

I could sit here and analyze all those recent empty 9-10 win teams but we both know Neb plays about one or two tough teams every yr(and lately loses badly)...YOU ARENT FOOLING ANYONE.

Their lack of success lately has much more to do with a genuine lack of talent and athleticism than with any coaching change. The problem is the same one with ND recently. Namely THERE IS NO IN STATE TALENT ESPECIALLY IN STATE SPEED. Now that Ou and Texas are back as conference powers and are recruiting like it the future of recruiting is very very bleak for the Slowskers. The outlook for the next decades really couldnt be bleaker for any established football power...

On top of all that Trev Alberts is an Alum and that ight be the worst news of all...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:55 PM

zaxx,

I'm not looking to get into an argument with you about the strength of the Nebraska Cornhusker football program. If you have a deep seeded need to slam a team that I like then so be it. Hell I've lived in the heart of Texas....you don't think people give me [censored] for being a Husker?

All I know is that they ended up the '04 season with a 5-6 record and though they didnt play some of the teams you mentioned, they did play against some that were nationally ranked.

I also know that from 1994-2004 they have a 113-28 win loss record, have been ranked nationally in the top 20 nine out of those eleven seasons, and ranked in the top 10 nationally seven out of eleven.

Between '93-'97 they went undefeated during regular season play four out of five years ('93 11-1 lost the Orange Bowl, '96 11-2 won the Orange Bowl).

They won a national championship title in 1994(13-0),1995(12-0), and 1997 (13-0). Not to mention the other two that they had from the Devaney years.

So though it's true they might not be the team they were a few years ago, I'm not a fair weather fan and am willing to give them time to regain some of their prominence.

I'm not sure how old you are (and don't care), but based on your hyper-aggressive tone suffice it to say I have probably been a Husker fan longer than you've been alive.

My only point to that statement is....nothing you say is going to make me change my mind. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Husker66 "fan since 1966- that's a long time!"
Old 12-31-2004, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even my gay boss thought he was, he likes him (said that as I puked in my mouth).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Tony Soprano was the boss. You taking orders from Vito now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Carmine? Holy [censored], is Carmine gay?
Closed Thread