Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Who is Todd Brunson talking about?

I was reading an article regarding the success of Todd Brunson on the ESPN Poker sub-site and came across an interesting quote:

"It's totally meaningless,'' Todd says. "It only recently became a big deal. What matters is if you win or lose. It's how you do at the end of the year. You see these guys win – I want to name somebody, but I won't – he wins all kinds of bracelets and at the end of the year, he's broke every year since I've know him for 15 years. No matter how much money he wins, I wind up with all of it. He wins all the bracelets, comes to play, then I get his money (in cash games).''

Found it an interesting quote and since this forum seems like the place where cryptic talk like this is decoded I thought I'd give you guys a crack at it. Personally, I'm stumped, maybe he's talking about Chan? Maybe Hellmuth, but Phil doesn't play in the same games as Todd, so I have to eliminate him.

I'm going with Chan.

Link to article. Todd Brunson Article
Old 06-28-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Who is Todd Brunson talking about?

todd is a loser IMO, he is always bragging about beating people in cash games like anDy beal. i think he is a punk lol, and he always looks like he has a foot up his ass
Old 06-28-2005, 05:36 PM

Has Todd played Chan for 15 years?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM

he's talking about his pops, obviously.

(joke)
Old 06-28-2005, 05:47 PM

TJ maybe?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has Todd played Chan for 15 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you would actually read the quote it said that he has only known him to be broke for 15 years, not that he was actually beating him for that long.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading an article regarding the success of Todd Brunson on the ESPN Poker sub-site and came across an interesting quote:

"It's totally meaningless,'' Todd says. "It only recently became a big deal. What matters is if you win or lose. It's how you do at the end of the year. You see these guys win – I want to name somebody, but I won't – he wins all kinds of bracelets and at the end of the year, he's broke every year since I've know him for 15 years. No matter how much money he wins, I wind up with all of it. He wins all the bracelets, comes to play, then I get his money (in cash games).''

Found it an interesting quote and since this forum seems like the place where cryptic talk like this is decoded I thought I'd give you guys a crack at it. Personally, I'm stumped, maybe he's talking about Chan? Maybe Hellmuth, but Phil doesn't play in the same games as Todd, so I have to eliminate him.

I'm going with Chan.

Link to article. Todd Brunson Article

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifer Tilly.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:19 PM

not chan, methinks. hellmuth seems like a decent choice. Gus? maybe a degenerate, but no WSOP bracelets.

and todd is sort of a dick (as far as i can tell), but he does appear to be a cash game stud (as far as i can tell from reading the beal book and elsewhere).

mostly just a shamless bump, hoping someone has some sort of real idea.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:34 PM

I'd guess Hellmuth more so than Gus, simply because of the "all those bracelets" and "15 years" comments. Hellmuth won the big one in '89, and as we all know, he has NINE WORLD SERIES OF POKER BRACELETS, the SECOND-GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT IN POKER HISTORY.

On the other hand, I can't imagine Hellmuth is broke, what with all his endorsements.

Cloutier maybe? I can't think of many people who have won lots of tournaments but are still considered big-game fish.

"So, to answer your question, I don't know." -Homer Simpson
Old 06-28-2005, 06:36 PM

i agree about hellmuth and non-poker income, but brunson seems to be referring to poker money.