Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Default 3/6 Stars AK heats up on turn and I\'m *lost*

UTG+1 so far has played a LOT of flops. His name sounds familiar so I'm not sure if he's a twoplustwoer. He's played enough flops that it doesn't seem that he could be good.

I only have about 20 hands on UTG and he's 33/10 in those 20 hands, for what it's worth.

Did I play this alright? Suggestions for any streets appreciated. I really didn't know what to do on the river. I didn't want to chase him away if he had KQ and I had a feeling AK wasn't going away to an all-in.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 ($342.50)
MP1 ($645)
MP2 ($471)
Hero ($567)
CO ($244.60)
Button ($216)
SB ($194)
BB ($1570.10)
UTG ($705.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $18</font>, UTG+1 calls $18, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $18, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($63) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($63) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $120</font>, UTG+1 calls $120, Hero calls $60.

River: ($423) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $204.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $204.50, UTG calls $204.50.

Final Pot: $1036.50
Old 11-02-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Stars AK heats up on turn and I\'m *lost*

I'm thinking push the river. If other player is going to call the one before you's all in, I'm guessing he'll call yours too. Unless you actually fear a better hand here :-P
Old 11-02-2005, 09:32 PM

I like betting the flop when they check to you. As you played it, it doesnt seem like there is much else you can do. I think that weird river bet is a bluff, wouldn;t a set get allin on the turn given his small stack size and the flush draw present? The min raise could be a pure bluff, AK or some weird AA. Post flop, I think the way you played it is the only way to go.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:50 PM

I fold this turn. The cold call of minraise scares me. UTG isn't closing the action, which leads me to believe he's on some sort of wierd slow play. I don't think your hand holds up here 33% of the time and the best you can hope for here is a three way split. Very few players are going to bluff into two players who have shown strength.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this turn. The cold call of minraise scares me. UTG isn't closing the action, which leads me to believe he's on some sort of wierd slow play. I don't think your hand holds up here 33% of the time and the best you can hope for here is a three way split. Very few players are going to bluff into two players who have shown strength.

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto
Old 11-03-2005, 01:32 AM

Hi ryan,

I'd have played this hand differently on every street, except I would also occasionally check the flop.

Pre-flop: I definitely am popping it to about 75. You can win it now, which would be fine, or you can force out one of them, which would be good, and you keep the players behind you from coming in with position and excellent pot odds.

Flop: If I'd re-raised, I would've won this pot on the flop 70% of the time or more. As it stands, I believe a pot bet when it's checked to you will show an immediate profit; you put the "real hand" in a tough spot, plus you probably have the best hand now.

Turn: I probably call the 60 and hate it, but I think you should've bet less in the first place. It's hard for them to put that much in without being in pretty good shape, as KQ/KJ are not very likely for either of them.

River: This is one of the rare spots where I'd fold a hand this strong, getting good odds, virtually every time. UTG+1's line absolutely says he can beat 1 pair, and you're not gonna find him just going bat-[censored] insane often enough to justify a call.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 AM

re-raise to 65ish preflop. bet the flop when checked to.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:59 AM

I assume u have ruled out 55/66....

FWIW, this is how I would play those 2 pp's...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Results.

UTG+1, who pushed, had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a busted diamond draw.

UTG thought and thought and thought and called w/ KQ and MHIG. I had definitely pegged him for AK and therefore was not worried about him. That is why I think my turn call was the correct one. Since UTG+1 was short and playing far too many hands, I believe the turn and river calls were correct.

Wish the games were always this good.

Ryan