Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: 3 guys playing together in our home game....

[ QUOTE ]
we've got 10 or 11 guys that show up on a regular basis to play. However, there are 3 guys (black guys) that come in and we suspect they are playing together. They raise with anything PF, and tend to suck out more than I've ever seen. You can't make a bet big enough to get them out. They call gutshots, open enders, and flush draws no matter how big the bet. And one of them hits something since they always stay in. If you have AA, they all call and your odds are non-existent.

The other 7 or 8 on the table have agreed to play together to try and run them out of our game. We played a "fake" game last night (without them there, obviously) where everyone was trying to stay in if one of the "enemy" raised, but they still ended up breaking us in the mock game.

Should we just not let them come to the game anymore, or is there a way that the group of 7 can get the $$$ out of the 3 that are playing together? It seems like 12/14 cards would beat 6 cards well over half the time. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, don't cheat. Ever. For any reason. You've taken a huge step toward it by playing a "mock" cheating game for practice. Don't take the actual step of cheating. Its just not worth it.

It sounds like all the players are in agreement that they don't want these three. Don't let them play anymore, end of story.

--Zetack
Old 08-04-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They raise with anything PF, and tend to suck out more than I've ever seen. You can't make a bet big enough to get them out. They call gutshots, open enders, and flush draws no matter how big the bet

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is bad?

[ QUOTE ]
They all come in with about 1000 in their pocket and continually buy in if they go bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is bad??? They're putting more $$ in the game. Isn't that what you want?

[ QUOTE ]
I know they're splitting money bc the others that go broke sit there and wait until the game is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of them go broke and one is left? (I'll concede though that if 2 of your opponents are dumping their chips to the third one, then they're probably cheating. Just don't invite them any more.)

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to play with cheaters, but we can't exactly prove they're doing it, even though they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds from your comments more like they are LAG Gamblers. If they're cheating they're pretty lousy at it.

[ QUOTE ]
See what happens when you raise with KK, and you get calls with 46, A7, J10, and 23.

[/ QUOTE ] and
[ QUOTE ]
But now these guys have come in and your raises PF don't matter. They just all call and your odds go to s_hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want those crap hands to call my PF raises. Sure there'll be suckouts, but it comes back in the long run.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:59 PM

There are two solutions.

A) Play tight and aggressive. You will win over time. This should be your solution if your goal is to win money, which it should be.

B) Kick them out and never invite them back. This should be your solution if you want to have fun.

On a side note, if you're getting bothered so much because of this situation, you're not really a good poker player. Like Matt said earlier, if I can get in this game, let me know. I'd LOVE to take this money.

On a second note, something bothers me about "(black guys)" followed up by "I'm not racist...if you were there, you'd understand." No, I wouldn't.

-Tripp
Old 08-04-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, there are 3 guys (black guys) ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations - you've lost all credibility.

If they were three guys (white)... would that make a difference.

What if they were three people (women) --- that must indicate something.

Oh, but then there were three more (Catholics) and they......

Aye -

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to play with cheaters, but we can't exactly prove they're doing it, even though they are.

I was just wondering if there's a way the 7 or 8 of us could gang up on them and break em. If not, fine. I was just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I'm clear on this thread, because it has really become fascinating.

You believe your being cheated, and you're definately opposed to that,

but you'd like to know if the remaining 7 or 8 of you can "gain up and break them"

- which I supose is white person code for "collusion".

Tricky spot your in... What'd your Grandmaster say?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What'd your Grandmaster say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Grandmaster, but this is what the Godfather says,
Old 08-04-2005, 01:55 PM

I [censored] don't trust Catholics either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PG
Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Racists/bigots always start out, "I'm not a racist, but...."
Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to throw me under the bus for mentioning that they're black, then throw Doyle Brunson under the bus too for what he says in Super System about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone share this quote with me? Never read SS.

Anyway, you guys are overreacting about his comment. He was merely pointing out the differences between the supposed group of colluders and the usual crowd he plays with.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to throw me under the bus for mentioning that they're black, then throw Doyle Brunson under the bus too for what he says in Super System about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone share this quote with me? Never read SS.

Anyway, you guys are overreacting about his comment. He was merely pointing out the differences between the supposed group of colluders and the usual crowd he plays with.

[/ QUOTE ]

He points it out because he feels there is relevance.