Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Default IPOD Buying questions

So for this Christmas I told my dad I would help him pay/purchase an Ipod mini/nano for my sister. I really need help in purchasing this becasue I am clueless in a few of the areas and I am coming up short when I research over the two.
1) What is the difference between the nano and mini?
2) Where would be the best place to purchase either of the two via online or at best buy?
3) If it is best to order offline are their any coupons that you would know of to reduce the price or give nice addons? (Ive kinda skimmed the site but I am not fatwallet inclined)
Any and all questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
-$
Old 12-11-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: IPOD Buying questions

1) the mini is no longer sold new, the nano was made to replace it. but if you find a vendor that still has some minis (i'm sure many exist), then the main difference is the mini comes in 4 and 6 GB sizes and the nano 2 and 4 GB sizes. price should be almost the same

2)apple store is a good bet for the nano, cause they build em so they're never sold out. best buy i would bet is always sold out.

3)if you, your father, or your sister are in college, they get student discounts, which bring the price down 20-40 bucks.

if you are very price concious, check out store.apple.com and click on "special deals".
it's apple's refurbished section. these ipods are pretty much as good as new ones, but with marked down prices. keep in mind that there are no nanos because it is too new of a product, and there are no minis available, simply a service protection plan for the mini.

ps. my recommendation goes to the nano, simply because it has so many more features, and it looks damn cool.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:55 PM

I got a 3G (the "touch button" version) for Xmas a couple of years ago and love it - I'm trying to decide now whether to upgrade to the nano or video version.

1. They don't make the mini anymore, but you can still get them all over (meaning, they're cheaper). The nano is smaller (especially thinner), has a color screen, displays photos, and uses 2 or 4 GB of flash memory instead of a 4-6 GB hard drive. Mini is brushed aluminum (choice of 5 colors) and nano is black or white plastic front, chrome back.

2. Apple doesn't allow many discounts on new products, so you'll be lucky to find a sale price for more than about $5 off. If you buy the nano direct from Apple you can get the back engraved free. (If you're in school, Apple has educational discounts too!)

dealmac.com usually lists the best available prices for all iPods.

HTH.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Thanks all ill check it out.