Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Preflop bluff turns into money by the river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is one of those situations. Slightly -EV immediately, definitely +EV long term

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just had some bad luck that button picked up a big hand. I estimate that the preflop play will work over 67% of the time in the situation presented, making the preflop play fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're arguing in circles and wasting everyone's time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this play isn't +EV long term? I don't understand your point. 76s against most hands is -EV. But the situation makes it long term +EV. I really don't see how these two statements are going in circles. BTW, you took stuff from two different posts where I was answering two different questions, and tried to invalidate this entire thread. Are you a politician by any chance?

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is not worth 40+ posts. You've admitted (before contradicting yourself) that the play was -EV short term. There's only a disagreement about whether there's any advertising value at Party 2/4--that's really kind of a binary operation and not amenable to subtle analysis. If you've been getting good results, fine, go nuts.

The animosity was ignited by you implicitly calling one of the best posters in this forum an automaton. Take a day off, come back and play nice, everything will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The play, without the specific reads and situation, is definitely -EV. I don't think there is a single person in here that disagrees with this. However, given the specific situation, this is definitely +EV, as I have shown in my posts. I don't see how any of this information is contradictory. As for Entity... all I can say is I apologized to anyone who construed my comments to be directed at them. Continuing this issue further can only reaggravate it, which you seemingly are looking to do.

All in all, another of the 40+ posts in here which really say nothing about the hand itself... which is the whole point of a hand posting. If everyone would stay on the discussion about the hands, and not try to continue to create a negative forum atmosphere (which I admittedly started and apologized for), this would be a much nice place to hang out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 07:29 PM

Wow. I'll make one final comment and then be done with the thread.

[ QUOTE ]
So this play isn't +EV long term? I don't understand your point. 76s against most hands is -EV. But the situation makes it long term +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The play, without the specific reads and situation, is definitely -EV. I don't think there is a single person in here that disagrees with this. However, given the specific situation, this is definitely +EV, as I have shown in my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have not in any way, shape, or form shown that this hand is longterm +EV. You haven't even argued it - you've just asserted it. Could you direct me to the post or posts where you've shown that this is longterm +EV?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you direct me to the post or posts where you've shown that this is longterm +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think I speak for the entire forum when I say, please, for the love of God, don't do this.

I promise to answer all your future posts nicely if you just let this one die. Please.