Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: New Candidate for worst fold ever?

I still say push, I get the feeling you might be worried about ITM too much since it's a 215, but I'm not assuming it. The result of being down to 400 is disasterous, at a 215 I'm not seeing QQ-AA necessarily here, these people have an at least decent understanding of endgame. I think its a push. Any results?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 PM

Haha results.....I folded, the freaking idiot giant stack folded (I don't really blame myself for thinking he'd call.), and the 1225 allin player had KK.
btw I had a feeling he had AA-QQ because of the speed of the push. I feel they'd have to at least pause and think for a second or two with TT or AK,AQ or 99.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:51 AM

Two...worst....folds...ever.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:55 AM

I really don't think this is a very bad fold, but i think it is a situation where a fold and a call is pretty close ev, but a fold is better. you need to call 400 to win 1400 I think so u are getting 3.5-1, and you are likely up agaist an over pair or at least AK and will be agasist 2 hands total. So I do not think on average you will be less than 3.5-1 behind.

Folding should give you about a 20% chance of making the money (since the big stack should call) plus some chance of staying alive or better even w/ 400. keeping in mind you will have a 25% chance of being dealt the best hand on the next round. And even if you call and win here you still only have 1400 and may not even be in the money yet. So I think folding is better, but either way you are a long shot to even make the money, but that is just the situation you are in.

Now the big stack folding, that is the worst ever (well actually I have seen worse, in a multi guy folds for his last 200 in a 11k pot on the flop w/ bb 300).
Old 02-26-2005, 04:11 AM

I think folding surely gives me more than 20% of making the money.

Folding this was completely against my nature, it just felt like the thing to do at the time.