Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-01-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for Party $2k PLO

25 buy ins is $50,000. If you can't easily earn/get your hands on that size bankroll you shouldn't even be asking the question. For a 21 year old college student that may seem impossible for a 50 year old business owner it could be spare change. In keeping with the standard poker responce "it depends".
Old 12-02-2005, 08:58 AM

I think the best approach is to play lower games and take shots at 2kPLO from time to time when you have sth like 20k in your acccount. The thing is that Party 2kPLO is supersoft right now especially if you play at right times of the day. If you nutpeddle you should be able to earn good $$$ with smaller bankroll. Of course I assume that you know how to intelligently nutpeddle in PLO (this includes avoding some good coinflips on the flop) I believe this kind of play still wins money in these games and you dont need so big bankroll for that. Also you can buyin short like for 1k and nutpeddle even more which should be quite profitable.
I feel that to play normal game you need something like 50k though.

Best wishes
Old 12-02-2005, 03:43 PM

I doubt this is as true or as easy as you state. Nutpeddling when everyone is is very aggressive and tricky can be very very difficult. I can't think of even one player, in all my time in that game and in the Stars who would fit that description and still be a winner. And 20k would only be sensible shot taking money if you were happy to lose it all. And 50k would also be much too small a roll in that game too.

gl

dd
Old 12-02-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt this is as true or as easy as you state. Nutpeddling when everyone is is very aggressive and tricky can be very very difficult. I can't think of even one player, in all my time in that game and in the Stars who would fit that description and still be a winner. And 20k would only be sensible shot taking money if you were happy to lose it all. And 50k would also be much too small a roll in that game too.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to second this. While I think the games are definitely beatable, there are many players who will make nut peddling a very difficult and expensive task. You'd be lucky to win 2ptb/100 long-term if they had their say.

That being said, I believe that if you were extremely anal about game selection and very very cognizant of relative position, data-mined the games and avoided certain line-ups, etc you could do OK taking short-stacked shots. There are other ways to make comprobable dough with a much lower ROR.

Tyler
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM

I took a shot and dropped 6 buyins in about 75 minutes when my overall ev was in the ~-.5 buyin range. Imagine if you did that a couple days in a row, and you can image what kind of roll you need for constant play.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:29 PM

I can more than imagine it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

gl

dd