Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2004, 02:04 AM

Default mucka flush

Full $20-40 at the Mirage. Two seats behind me is Gabe and two seats behind him is Clarkmeister. Good game except that I'd folded about 80 straight hands and lobbied twice in between so by my reckoning I'd saved about 100 bucks over what it would have cost me at home to have chips on the table and not see a flop for like a week.

Okay so maybe I was getting a little tired. I'd been playing hard all day and I was up a bunch. But now on a drippy downturn of no starters or flops or spunk of any kind really. Which is fine. Just sitting there. Oh, my turn? I fold.

The guy on my right, the first thing he ever said to me in his entire life, was after I'd been in the game for 30 folds and one lobby break, he said, almost in sympathy, on my small blind, after a bunch of people limped and you guess it I folded, he said, "Are you EVER going to play a hand?" I answered an earnest no, and went back to folding.

Then I got AQ of diamonds. The guy who raised in front of me hadn't been playing any hands either. I flat called with two players behind me. They both folded, both blinds called, and four of us saw the flop.

K-J-x all diamonds.

Three checks to me, and I checked.

The turn card paired the king.

I really played this hand bad. That's why I quit soon after.

Both blinds checked and the preflop raiser bet. I called. The SB called and the BB folded. So far I think I played it just fine.

The river was the nine of diamonds. The SB checked, the preflop raiser bet, and had this hand happened at any other time during this trip I would have flat called the river. But no like a tiring dolt I raised. The SB folded, the preflop raiser reraised, and I was left humming one of my songs while I mucked.

I slid over to the $10-20 game in an open seat right next to Ed Miller so I could watch him fold for a while before I called it a night. It's a night.

Tommy