Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Boring and standard?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a massive ego and wtfsvi said you REQUESTED my presence. I left up $200 after 80 hands and, if I recall correctly, you ran screaming from the table the moment you finally won a decent pot. Scaredy-fish

[/ QUOTE ]
I requested your presence because I needed a fish at the table to balance out the bad table selection of sitting with the largest luckbox known to man. And since I was getting 3-outed right and left I felt like it was simply a good decision to leave once I got positive before I got on win-tilt and dumped off another 10 buyins to wtfsvi.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With y'alls move up to 400nl are going to mid-high?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a firm proponent of staying here until NL1K. And if we all keep posting hands here from NL400 and NL600 then we will all be able to provide each other with feedback. I really think the dynamic changes at NL1K - and at least a few MHNL posters seem to agree with that assessment.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what the hell kind of awesome lives do we have where we can all just post at noon?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good ones. And I am currently at the job which causes me to worry about being too well bankrolled, so it is certainly a sweet setup for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: And BTW why the hell don't you play higher? Your reasoning is way too good for 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of reasons why people play lower than the maximum level they could beat. For me, the reason is that I am seriously over-rolled for my games and I don't want to advance faster than my skills dictate so I decided to not put any more offline money into my online poker bankroll. So I only move up when I earn enough to move up. And the same job that makes me well bankrolled requires many hours of work so I don't have much time to play online poker. But the good news is that I will be moving up to the 400s at some point next week or so if all goes according to plan. Thanks for the kind words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job man. I'm in the same situation, except I consider 20 buy-ins to be sufficient enough for me to move up, because I also move down a lot. I don't plan on ever putting another dime from my bank account online. I just moved to 400 NL.

Although, I am playing on Prima, where everyone almost everyone is loose-passive ... not as much variance as playing against a table full of maniacs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a firm proponent of staying here until NL1K. And if we all keep posting hands here from NL400 and NL600 then we will all be able to provide each other with feedback. I really think the dynamic changes at NL1K - and at least a few MHNL posters seem to agree with that assessment.

[/ QUOTE ]

good, the community here is really good right now with you, ghaz, xorbie, wtfsvi and yvessaint. Sorry if i'm forgetting anyone, but we're all in about the same boat, stakes/gameplay wise. I think i'm behind in both theory and math, but i'm working on it.

on the plus side, i just got my TOP from stars today!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the same situation, except I consider 20 buy-ins to be sufficient enough for me to move up

[/ QUOTE ]
So do I. My Party roll is currently only 7.5K though. Actually that brings me to an interesting question I've been thinking about. People play at various sites, right? I currently have money on 4 different sites. But I obviously don't have enough on EACH site to play the 200 games. Do people usually just play their 'normal' game even they are underrolled on THAT site and then just switch more money over if they go bust? Or do you play lower on the other site? Or what?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM

well my bankroll is liquid, so i just use the total and then that's my roll. I think this is how most do it. If you deposit 600 to get a paradise bonus are you really only going to play the 25nl?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:23 PM

I dont know. I dont bonus whore. Only bonus I have is from depositing 100 to UB and yes, I play NL25 with only 4 buys. Just when I feel like screwing around. (Someone on here outed me, you bastard.) But I really don't know how to efficiently move money around between sites either. Doesn't Neteller charge fees every transaction? I feel like there is a lot of friction...
Old 09-02-2005, 01:27 PM

I'm a bit on the conservative side, I won't move up unless I have 25 * buyin in the account I play with for that level. I currently have one account for the 100's and one for the 50's + misc tournaments, its just easier to load up two accounts and play 4 100's and 2 50's or 2 sng's so I don't have to mismatch the tables.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 PM

neteller charges fees ONLY if you get the instacash option, which mean that the money hits neteller right away. However, i'm sure that you cant afford to wait a day (usually less) for your cashout to clear and hit neteller.
Other than that there really aren't any fees if don't mind a short wait.

Also, if you're just screwing around then thats fine, but if were to deposit 500, and then would take the time to try to seriously beat 50nl just b/c thats all your rolled for on that site, you're just wasting opportunity cost. Also, whats the difference between losing a buyin at party vs. stars? Its still money, and the amount of money you have on the site is not really a factor, just your overall bankroll.

Remember- just as EV is cumulative, so is your bankroll, so adjust accordingly.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 PM

I have money on 3 sites but mostly only play on Party. I used to play on UB at work but things have been to busy lately for that (though I still seem to find time to post a ton from work). Basically, for now I'm using the money on other sites to dabble in other games at fairly low limits. The majority of my playing time is in the 1/2 NL on Party but when I feel like playing something else, I play on other sites (mostly UB; my Stars account hasn't been used in months). When I switched Party skins for rakeback, I took all my money out of Party and just moved it over to Eurobet. I plan to never deposit another dime online, too, though I might move things from site to site as the situation warrants.