Old 08-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Some fantasy football questions

1. Rank these WRs

-darrel jackson
-lee evans
-chris chambers
-jerry porter
-larry fitzgerald

2. Why does McGahee go so early? Why do Stephen Jackson and Deshuan Foster go so late?

3. Will Joey Harrington throw 30 TDs this year? If no, why not?

4. What mediocre defenses have gotten better? What good defenses have gotten worse? (compared to last year)

5. Which rookie RB will have the best year?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Some fantasy football questions

Jackson
Chambers
Fitzgerald
Porter
Evans

McGahee is a talented dude with a 2nd year QB. He is gonna touch the ball a lot. I can't imagine why Jackson is going late- I would put him in the top 10-12 RBs easily. Foster might end up sharing carries, and he has a history of injuries.

Harrington could potentially throw for 30, depending on how he has matured and his OL. I wouldn't bet on it, however. Garcia is gonna end up getting a couple of starts.

I think the Vikings D got a lot better. The Titans got a lot worse.

JJ Arrington is the safe pick- he is the only one who is penciled in as the starter right now (AFAIK).
Old 08-26-2005, 05:01 PM

This is all on opinion, but here goes.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Rank these WRs

-darrel jackson
-lee evans
-chris chambers
-jerry porter
-larry fitzgerald

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Darrell Jackson
2. Jerry Porter
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Lee Evans
5. Chris Chambers

[ QUOTE ]
2. Why does McGahee go so early? Why do Stephen Jackson and Deshuan Foster go so late?

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee goes early becuase he put up excellent numbers last season, especially later in the season. He is also entering his 3rd season, making him very attractive to fantasy owners. Some reasons Deshaun Foster is going so late is because of Stephen Davis' fast recovery and the depth of the Panthers passing game. Stephen Jackson didn't have an excellent year, but it was good. He also still has to worry about Marshall Faulk, who is in no way on his last leg. Faulk is still a good NFL RB.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Will Joey Harrington throw 30 TDs this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
If no, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not good enough. He has a good receiving corps, but none of those guys are in their best condition. Charles Rodgers has never even came close to playing a full season and Mike Williams didn't even play 1 game last year.

[ QUOTE ]
4. What mediocre defenses have gotten better? What good defenses have gotten worse? (compared to last year)

[/ QUOTE ]

The best defenses in the game this year IMO are Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. The Cheifs have certainly good much better player-wise, but who knows if all the new additions will get as a team. The Vikings made a ton of addition on defense, and there is no doubt the improved immensly. These two teams improved the most.

I don't see Pittsburgh having the same quality of defense as last year, but I've been wrong before.

[ QUOTE ]
5. Which rookie RB will have the best year?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be extremely difficult for ANYONE to answer, because there are so many variables involved. Will Cedric Benson EVER sign? Will Cadillac Williams get a lot of playing time with Michael Pittman right behind him. Can the 2nd rounder JJ Arrington get better numbers than the 1st round RBs.

My answer? If Benson signs in the next couple days and starts the regular season, then he will have the best season. If Benson doesn't sign soon, then JJ Arrington will have the best season. Up there with Arrington will be Ronnie Brown, as long as Ricky Williams doesn't reimerge.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:11 PM

sleeper D? indy. soooooooo many turnovers
Old 08-26-2005, 05:18 PM

1. Jackson,Porter, Fitzgerald,Chambers,Evans

2. McGahee was a monster at the end of last year. Without him I wouldn't have made it to the championship game in one league [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. For this reason he is going high. With no passing game the line will be stacked. Bill Simmons made a great point about this today, like Bledsoe was a scaring people last year.

I've read that some people think that Martz will have a quick hook on Jackson. I don't get it. Martz seems to love the guy and I think he will have a big year.

God only knows how many carries Foster will get before getting hurt again.

3. He could, but he has never shown this ablity in the past and if he falters then Garcia will fly in to the rescue. Then weak arm and decision making will get him benched then Harrington will come back in and so goes the Lions season. Come on your from Detroit you know how this works.

4. I think the Chargers defense looks improved. As does the Panthers, mainly because everyone is back. I also see some improvment in the Jags. Their front seven has looked really good in the preseason. The Packers have become stay away time. Fantasy wise I don't think it matters too much. Your only talking about 10 or 12 and you can change them like your socks throughout the year.

5. It depends on what you are looking for. JJ Arrington looks like the safe bet. Cadilac looks like he will be getting a lot of carries and will break off some big runs. He will be hit or miss most weeks. Ronnie Brown is in Miami, that could hurt him. Jacobs could be a touchdown machine in NY.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:23 PM

1) Jackson, Chambers, Fitz, Porter, Evans. If Porter shows he is healthy, he jumps Fitz.

2) McGahee is sharing carries with JP Losman, which is to say with no one. He's the best offensive player on a very good defensive team, which means that they'll rarely have to go to the air. And he's unquestionably talented.

Jackson splits carries with Faulk (probably 75%/25%) and is not the focal point of the offense.

Foster shares carries with DavisGoingsHooverShelton, is a huge injury risk, a boom-or-bust runner, has a history of fumbles, and may take a back seat to the Delhomme-Smith show.

3) Potentially. All the ingredients are there -- great potential at WR and RB, questionable defense (meaning more need to pass), and lots of games with questionable secondaries. Of course, he could also open the season with a 6 for 23, 89 yard, 3 INT game and find himself on the bench by week two.

4) If you're asking because you want to draft a defense, don't worry about it -- use waivers to grab a team who is playing a weak offense.

5) Williams or Arrington, and it's too close to call.