Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: 1st Place: This is the One of the Most Ignorant Posts Ever in....

[ QUOTE ]
I consider these forums the best research tool I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate for the second most ignorant post on this forum.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I did was tell a story. Maybe I was the fool for believing it so blindly when I was first told, but it made a lot of sense to me. My main reason for posting the OP was hopefully to learn something, I'm not trying to go preaching about things. I'm sorry if that's what it seemed like.

[/ QUOTE ]
If learn anything from this thread, I hope that it is that your comments were not appropriate for the setting and that in the future you would do well to refrain from making such comments (especially when you don't know if they're true!) in such places.

Do you at least see this?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I did was tell a story. Maybe I was the fool for believing it so blindly when I was first told, but it made a lot of sense to me. My main reason for posting the OP was hopefully to learn something, I'm not trying to go preaching about things. I'm sorry if that's what it seemed like.

[/ QUOTE ]

If learn anything from this thread, I hope that it is that your comments were not appropriate for the setting and that in the future you would do well to refrain from making such comments (especially when you don't know if they're true!) in such places.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Why isn't this an appropriate setting?
2) Can't imagine that the standard here is truly: "not sure if what I'm saying is true, so I shouldn't post"; as many posts appear to be of that nature.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious...? It should be clear to anyone with half a brain that railing against American flower consumption at a WWII veteran's funeral is not appropriate.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Can't imagine that the standard here is truly: "not sure if what I'm saying is true, so I shouldn't post"; as many posts appear to be of that nature.

[/ QUOTE ]
Posting on a message board = acceptable
Ranting to impressionable cousin at a funeral about flowers for the deceased = not acceptable
Old 10-18-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious...? It should be clear to anyone with half a brain that railing against American flower consumption at a WWII veteran's funeral is not appropriate.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Posting on a message board = acceptable
Ranting to impressionable cousin at a funeral about flowers for the deceased = not acceptable

[/ QUOTE ]

I misunderstood, I thought you were claiming that 2+2 wasn't an appropriate place for MarkL to tell his story. My mistake. It's clearer now that I re-read your OP in this thread.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. please stop talking about this. this isnt the point. as i said it wasnt a funeral, it was a family thing after the funeral. it was both of ours grandfather. i had spent 8 hours the day before and a few hours already on this day with him already. the setting was fine.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Reasons Americans are hated

Thank you for this. Damn that was funny.

natedogg
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Provincial prejudices

[ QUOTE ]
Dude Jamaica is a scary place for an american.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps. But it is still amusing to hear someone say that they have visited Jamaica when all they have seen is club med or whatever.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 AM

Man you are going way overboard with this. I don't think I did anything so wrong to deserve this "hate".
Self hating Americans don't rate to high in my world. It is obvious you want to believe this cock-and-bull story to justify your irrational hatred of the USA.

When you make such an ignorant post, it shows that you are governed by your emotions rather than reason. Based on you post, I would be suprised if you were over 21.

Ignorance = Lack of Knowledge