Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Borgata Friday $100 rebuy -- Short stack near the money

This was the Borgata $100 unlimited rebuy tournament. 101 players entered, and we were down to 18. 9 places paid. The average stack was about T44,000. (So, a money stack would be about T88,000). First place paid 40%, 9th paid 2%.

Blinds are 1000/2000 with a 300 ante. I have just shy of T14,000.

The player who was supposed to be the SB just busted out, so we have one big blind and no small blind.

When my friend and I were talking about some hands from the tournament, this was one that came up that I was kind of unsure about.

UTG limps. He has probably 28-30K in front of him. He hasn't been doing a ton of limping, but it is not unexpected from him, either.

UTG+1 limps. He has about T23,000. My impression is that he is a fairly aggressive, somewhat but not more than moderately loose player.

Folded to me in CO-1. I have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. There is now T8700 in the pot. My table image at this point is probably unremarkable. I have been pushing all in with my ~10x BB stack about once per orbit, but I have yet to show a hand at this table. I decide to push my T14000 stack all-in.

What do you think of this play?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Default bump 1 time

bump