Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: When 4 bet/call on a paired board ...

I meant on the flop. But even on the turn this is a check/call and fold river multiway and check/call headsup.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:46 AM

But on the flop I've only seen one 1/2ish pot bet by a very short stack before me. I don't know that 2 other players are going to call yet. I might well find myself in position against a 5xxx.

I understand that this hand and my position is super dangerous and not worth a flop call at higher satkes, esp. your $2000 tables, but I'm not convinced at the $50 tables.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:52 AM

Look at it like this. You flopped a board set and 3 other players also liked the flop. And now the turn improved your hand and you are facing a bet with 2 of those players yet to act behind you. So how good can such a non-nut hand be in omaha? If you have an underfull and 2 other players put money in on the turn, even at lower levels you just aren't going to have the best hand that often. You could call the turn bet, but if there is any action behind you, you must be prepared to fold to a raise or on the river multiway unless you spike your A.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could call the turn bet, but if there is any action behind you, you must be prepared to fold to a raise or on the river multiway unless you spike your A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that this is an acceptable way to play ths hand here? Or are you just saying that I "can" do it? Because this is exactly how I was prepared to play this hand. So long as the bets stayed low (i.e $1 or 2) I was ok with calling.

I assume I am correct that this kind of play at moderate to high limits would have to indicate monsters.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:40 AM

To close this out, FWIW, I value bet $3 on the river more or less convinced that I had the best hand with no fear that anyone would re-raise me on a bluff. I wanted as many calls as possible and I felt 20% of the pot was about right.

MP and SB called. UTG folded. SB showed 5xxx and MP showed (get this!) T7xx (no straight or flush draws and no overpairs).

Obviously, I ran into some very big donks. I posted this hand mostly to see how anyone else would have played in this somewhat bizarre situation.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:11 AM

I play this way different to you guys. I raise the flop, and try to get all the money in on the turn. At higher limits I might play it a bit slower but lower limits I never pause to see monsters.