Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: How crooked is Party Poker? My two cents.

[ QUOTE ]
Would any of you have played the A's differently from that position or was my play ok? We each started the hand with just over 6000 chips. Maybe an all in after the flop but I wanted to extract what I could, certainly wasn't afraid to be called. I wanted the all in so I guess it didn't matter how I got there.

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously, just move on to the next post
Old 05-29-2005, 11:26 PM

According to twodimes, your opponent had a 4.3% of winning the hand on the flop. These things do happen, even live.

It's possible your opponent was a fish who got lucky. He may have just not thought you had an ace and/or you might fold a weak ace, and figured the only way to win the pot was to bluff.

Caling the early position raise preflop was not that bad a play, since he had a suited connector in addition to high cards.

It seems unlikely he cracked the random number generation or was given it. If Party wanted to fix the tournaments, there are less obvious ways to do it.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:36 PM

why didnt you just turn a fullhouse?? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the straight or flush...
Old 05-29-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Yes he finished 2nd. Did you even watch him play it out?

I watched him from 4 tables to the end. Until the final table I thought he was a great big-stack player. He was huge over everyone else, and he kept putting people to the test over, and over, and over again. Nearly everytime a small to mid stack entered the pot he'd push in over them. They would fold and he would usually show small to mid suited connecters. Then just when someone had enough and played back, he'd have a big hand. It was brilliant and he steamrolled through the field reaching the FT with over 1M when average was about 200K.

He continued this at the FT. The payouts were rising at $10K a spot, and so no one wanted to play back at him. It worked brilliantly till they were down to 4 and he had 1.8M. But then he was unable to back it down a notch. He didn't seem to catch on to the fact that his opponents were now in spots where they had to pick a hand and make a stand. Where his FE was huge for so long, it was now almost non-existent. Yet he still continued to end up all-in with sub-par hands over and over again. Even at the end heads-up he comes over the top of a raise with K8 when by now anyone watching including his opponent would expect him to do just that.

Instead of this ramble, I guess I could have summed it up as such. His entire game was based on putting his opponents to the test preflop for all their chips. He was fairly good at picking hands that were live if he was called, but he definitely seemed to realize that the amount of money involved was causing people to play a whole lot tighter than they normally would. In a $20 buy-in he wouldn't have come close to the final table before he was looked up. Had he been able to tone it down when they got down to 4, and actually play some post-flop poker, he prob would have an extra $100K in his bank account right now.

Party isn't rigged. You got very unlucky against a guy who believed he could push anyone off of any hand.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone raises like that from 1st position, you've GOT to put them on a solid pair or high Ace at least.

[/ QUOTE ]
guess he didn't think you were 'solid'
Old 05-30-2005, 01:15 AM

Your evidence for Party being rigged is that a player who got lucky ended up doing well in the tournament?

Would you have thought it less fishy if a player who kept getting sucked out on went on to get 2nd place?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:19 AM

No, but a player I knocked out of the tourny in the 1st 10 mins took 6th. I thought that was weird.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:39 AM

nh.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but a player I knocked out of the tourny in the 1st 10 mins took 6th. I thought that was weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a player named Mike who finished 6th. There were also a bunch of other Mikes including one who appeared to bust out in the first 10 minutes. I hate to debunk another PP is fixed theory.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would any of you have played the A's differently from that position or was my play ok? We each started the hand with just over 6000 chips. Maybe an all in after the flop but I wanted to extract what I could, certainly wasn't afraid to be called. I wanted the all in so I guess it didn't matter how I got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your problem is you got too much money in with AA on a A92,r flop. Please refer to my guide for the proper way to play AA.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1