Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM

Default end game

$80-160 at Bay101. The game was four-handed when I got there. Here's how the lineup looked, players A, B, C, D.

Player A does not play against player C. By that I mean 1) Player A and C chop the blinds, even shorthanded. 2) Anytime a pot comes down to just the two of them, they check it out. 3) Everyone knows about 1 and 2 and nobody cares, and if they do, too bad.

Player D just lost a big pot to player B. Player D looked like someone at the wrong end of a sacrifice. He had two stacks of chips and I read him for no rebuy. Player B had about a rack now, after winning that pot. Players A and C had about four racks each and they were giving up nothing. Player B had lots of chatter and gamble at the moment. (One of things he sometimes mentions during his chatters when I'm there is that I fold the blinds a lot and that I'm easy to bluff out.)

I sat to the right of player A and I took the big blind. An hour later, player D was gone, and player B's stack was five big bets, with two hands to go.

I took the big blind. Player A folded. Player B had the button. He "never" openlimps on the button, but he did this time, and because of his fatigue, his almost-raise-but-just-call was so transparent that Player C, in the small blind, let out a rare HA! laugh while he called two chips. I checked in the big blind with Q-10. Three players to the flop with me second.

The flop came 10-9-4. The small blind checked, I checked, the button bet, the small blind called, and I folded. The turn was a four. The small blind checked, the button bet, the small blind checkraised, and the button called, severely flustered. The river was a blank. The small blind bet and the button called. The small blind showed king-four (sooted) for trip fours. The button showed pocket aces.

The next hand, I was in the small blind, player A had the big blind, and player B raised, all-in for two bets, before the cards were dealt. Player C folded on the button. I reraised with A2. The big blind folded. We ran the board out and my ace-high was good. Player B stood and walked. Game over. Of course the main thought going through my mind when the floorman dumped a dozen empty racks onto the table was damn, it's my button.

Tommy
Old 10-03-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: end game

nice laydown.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:50 AM

How long did it take you to muck that QT on the flop? Were you ready to turbo-muck unless you hit the flop hard? Would you have stuck around until the turn had you flopped a queen?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:21 PM

I hate second guessing and I like how Tommy really trusts his instincts here.

I had JJ on the button in a pretty good 20-40 game. Some guy limps UTG, folded to me and I raise and blinds fold, now this guy 3-bets. He never ever has limped-re-raised.

Never

EVER

NEVER EVER!

It's AA or KK. Either one.

Like for sure.

FOR SURE MAN!!!!!!!

LIKE SO TOTALLY FOR SURE!!!!!

I call.

Flop is rags

I mean rags.

like a 3-6-T RAINBOW BOARD MAN!!!!

LIKE I TOTALLY [censored] MISS!

HE FIRES A BET!!!

LIKE REALLY CONFIDENTLY!!!

LIKE HE AIN'T AFRAID OF NOTHING!!!

and I pay off like the newb I am. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

like the newb I am.....

LIKE THE NEWB I [censored] AM!!!!!

Lawrence
Old 10-03-2005, 02:58 PM

Good fold on the flop, but just barely I think. Really close, nice play.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 PM

Nice read, Tommy. Nevertheless, I take a card off in the hopes of spiking a q or 10 on the turn. Although you're only getting 5 to 1 on a 39 (assuming 2 aces known) to 6 shot, your implied odds are much better.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:39 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Nice read, Tommy. Nevertheless, I take a card off in the hopes of spiking a q or 10 on the turn. Although you're only getting 5 to 1 on a 39 (assuming 2 aces known) to 6 shot, your implied odds are much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy has to assume that SB knows what's going on with player B too. This means that his T outs might not exist, or he might already be hopelessly behind to a set after the call.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Nice one tommy.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 PM

"Tommy has to assume that SB knows what's going on with player B too. This means that his T outs might not exist, or he might already be hopelessly behind to a set after the call."

You left out the ugliest scenario which is the small blind has J-8 or K-J and now the queen comes on the turn.

Tommy
Old 10-04-2005, 12:37 AM

Great post.