Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: TP with a Draw

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Daniel. Still not getting odds, and you still have players to act behind. Since there are 2 diamonds on the board so anyone is a jackass to not lead out with trips (IMHO)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been my experience that short stacks will try and slowplay bigger hands like sets in this spot even with a draw heavy board. So, I'm not willing to give the shortstack that much credit...yet.

[ QUOTE ]
...so to your point, utg 1 that checked the flop is a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG checked after the big blind checked. UTG+1 made a weak continuation bet of $4.

[ QUOTE ]
unless he was sure someone would raise this pot with the intention to raising. in short scottie, u don't have much, and your draw could be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try get thru this drivel much of which qualifies as incoherent. Here's what I have. I have two checks, a weak bet, and a raise from shortie and I'm now getting 2 to 1. The first two checks might just mean weakness and the $4 continuation bet might also mean weakness. So, I actually might be ahead in the hand. UTG+2's raise could mean a wide variety of hands. So, I might have the best hand. Maybe I'll fold, maybe I'll call, maybe I'll raise. Those are my options right?

[ QUOTE ]
these low stakes games are a joke and so easy to beat. don't get caught in a bad spot when you can crush these people playing good solid poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree these low limit games aren't difficult, but I'm calling in position with a suited one gapper all day long. As far being in a bad spot, I'm in position with an interesting hand and that's all. If I don't to play, I lay it down and it cost me $2 to see a flop. A really good player once told me, 'When you're out of position look for reasons to fold. When you're in position look for reasons to play.'

And I for one would like to thank you for deigning to take the time to help those of us in the 'kiddie pool'. I for one am honored to have your unrivaled experise and insight contributing to my thread.

It's left me all tingly.

Do you do any coaching?