Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 11:49 PM

Default KTo blind steal, ace on the flop and I check

So, the SB calls every single one of my raises. Yes, every one--its fairly awesome. The presence of the solid BB didn't make me happy. HU I'd bet this flop but here I thought a check the right play. If I don't improve on the turn I fold. If I don't do what I did on the river I call down. Make sense?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: KTo blind steal, ace on the flop and I check

You didn't feel like betting the flop because you thought SB and BB will autocall too much?

Edit: I still want to bet since the A is a card to represent and to narrow the field.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't feel like betting the flop because you thought SB and BB will autocall too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't bet b/c I didn't like my hand against the BB. I doubted I was ahead of this guy and I thought the chances were good I'd get c/r'd.

I dunno. I steal a lot. I was trying to mix it up a bit. This is by no means my default play and even though I think I have some reason for it, might still be wrong in this spot.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:57 PM

I can dig it if you steal a lot and want to deviate. Have you stolen a lot against these paticular blinds?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:58 PM

i would bet this flop...you said the sb could have any two cards since he always calls you...but the decent BB will also have a wide range of hands because he is getting good odds because the sb called...there are many hands that BB will call with preflop and fold on this flop if you bet again, and your hand is most likely still better than a random hand for the sb...
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can dig it if you steal a lot and want to deviate. Have you stolen a lot against these paticular blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's why I thought it a good time to mix it up. I've also been c/r'd by the SB when he held nothing and this was something I wanted to avoid.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the decent BB will also have a wide range of hands because he is getting good odds because the sb called

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

A good burglar knows
All his pot-stealing exits
Bet the goddamn flop

[ QUOTE ]
So, the SB calls every single one of my raises. Yes, every one--its fairly awesome. The presence of the solid BB didn't make me happy. HU I'd bet this flop but here I thought a check the right play. If I don't improve on the turn I fold. If I don't do what I did on the river I call down. Make sense?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If the pot were a little bigger I might raise the flop. But I like the way you played this one.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:01 AM

The flop was checked to him.