Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-25-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Pocket Underpair, Checked to River

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Comments? Would anyone consider betting the turn after it was checked around on the flop?

In retrospect, it seems I should have just called the river after I hit a set, since it was the BB who woke up with a bet when a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fell.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Pocket Underpair, Checked to River

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone consider betting the turn after it was checked around on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would have.

[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, it seems I should have just called the river after I hit a set, since it was the BB who woke up with a bet whena [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have just called to try and induce some overcalls from small pocket pairs, 5's, and 8's. I can't imagine any of your opponents calling the 2 bets on the river with something that you could beat except 2 pair that didn't involve a Q or 10.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:11 PM

I would not bet the turn. That is only a good idea if your pocket pair beats all middle pairs in which case you should bet the flop. Many players will call with an 8 or a weak kicker top pair but not bet these themselves.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:48 PM

With 5 people still in, I doubt I would have taken a stab with 77. Especially at microlimits,you won't push all of them out. And, the ones that stay in will likely be the ones who can beat you.