Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-29-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: So I think I\'m ready to move up

[ QUOTE ]
After completely destroying the tagfest .50/1 dollar tables at party I pretty much feel I can beat everything

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant
Old 11-29-2005, 01:44 PM

Anyone can win at the lower levels. You should only go up to the $1/$2 and see if you can win at that level. I've seen many good players tumble at the top. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 01:50 PM

After completely destroying the tagfest .50/1 dollar tables at party I pretty much feel I can beat everything

LOL!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:54 PM

This actually is one of the better troll posts I've seen. First funny one in a while.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Put your whole BR on the side bet. That's an easy way to increase it for playing at the higher levels.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have backers that are salivating at the mouth to back me

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, steer clear of the ones who are salivating elsewhere.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:01 PM

I am a wealthy businessman with a keen eye for opportunity and a deep interest in poker. I am searching for young talented poker players like yourself who just need a bit of a bankroll in order to progress their careers in the poker world to the elite level. I can help you!

I am willing to take a risk in this venture because I firmly believe the potential rewards far outweigh any risk. I've made my millions by taking chances and spotting talet in various fields. I purchased 6 junior Mexican soccer teams 8 years ago and they have produced talent such as Pizotzu Reebas and Hopop Caan who are both now household names and earn millions of dollars in the euorpean leagues. If I can discover the next Greg Raymer or Joe Hachem then the payoff will be in the millions. Let me tell you, I can spot poker talet and I'll tell you what: You could have what it takes. Not only could you go pro, but you could win the World Series of Poker! Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

There is no catch. I will deposit funds into your nominated bank account and I'll take 50% of any weekly or monthly profits you make using that bankroll. If you do happen to have a losing month (due to natural variance or whatever) then you owe me nothing. Additionally I will take half from any televised tournaments you enter using money from this bankroll but that is all. There is not risk to you! PM me with your bank details, email, phone no. and credit card number (required by my financial institution for identification purposes) and I'll be in contact with you to sign a formal contract and arrange full payment into your new bankroll.

I really look forward to hearing from you and supporting you in your new career.

Best Regards,

Psymon Lior
Old 11-29-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can win at the lower levels. You should only go up to the $1/$2 and see if you can win at that level. I've seen many good players tumble at the top. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd clearly just be wasting his time at 1/2, didn't you see? 8.99BB/100 hands ... you're saying he should be making $9/hr instead of $5000 (assuming 50 hands per hour)? Are you insane?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM

Well I decided to take my shot this morning. I don't see why you guys are making such a big deal about this. 50/100 isn't that much different than the .50/1 games. I have found I needed to play tighter and more aggressive than usual. I sat down with my full 8bb roll, and doubled up on the third hand. From there it was pretty standard. I didn't get in many marginal spots, and I got lucky a couple times. I turned a straight against Kukavica's overpair, and got 3 bets in on the turn and the river. I laughed at him in the chatbox, and I think it put him on tilt. He kept trying to 3-bet isolate me, but that was when i actually had a hand!

Overall I'm satisfied with how I did. Maybe I really am playing too small stakes for my skill level. I have considered moving to Las Vegas, but I don't know if my dog will like that. Perhaps I will take a vacation there with my winnings. Thanks again for all the support! I can say with full confidence that if it were not for Two Plus Two Publishing and their web site, I would not have realized my true potential.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:30 PM

For those interested, I have included my stats. I don't intend for this to be a brag post. I just want to be an inspiration to those who once played the low limits like myself.