Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: SLAP vs TAG

[ QUOTE ]
i just recently started using poker tracker and am also labeled a SLAP. it was my understading the aggresive referred to after the flop and the passive was overall, including preflop aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. The SLA refers to your slightly-loose and aggressive preflop play, while the P refers to your passive post-flop play.

By the way, I'm guessing that a lot of the somewhat-successful SLAPs in this thread have post-flop aggression numbers that would make then at least TA-N (neutrals) if they were a bit tighter. In other words - you can get the passive label in those PT categories without being very passive.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: SLAP vs TAG

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite. The SLA refers to your slightly-loose and aggressive preflop play, while the P refers to your passive post-flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's what it's sounding like everyone is saying in this thread. i guess i'm confused, because looking at the break down of aggression factor on all streets, i'm much more aggresive after the flop than before. my pokertracker aggression factor, not including preflop aggression, is slightly above 2. factoring in preflop aggression, the number is slightly less than 1.