Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Poker and your health

Ping Pong is intense and is a good workout if you are an excellent player.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:10 PM

I dont get out during the day as much as I'd like to tbh, but other things rather than playing poker are keeping me in front of the computer. Although I do cycle a good bit, and go out a couple of nights a week with friends etc. My stress levels definately used to be a lot worse in the past. I think I have learned to calm down a bit...probably down to experience and taking a conservative approach to my BR and my LBR (Life Bankroll [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) Short term I could get in a right pisser, but things brush off quite quickly now. I remember when I could let a bad night scare me from the tables for 2 weeks or something. That attitude just wont do anymore and I think I have learnt how to coax myself back into a positive attitude.

In saying all this I do think it is a very stressful "job". And when there are stresses in other areas of your life, it does not sit well at all with your game.

Knowing your limits I suppose is the key - knowing when to stop yourself from having a bad reaction...being aware of how you are reacting and why.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:46 AM

Play more = smoke more.....
Don't know about anyone else but if I spend 8 hours in front of a computer I'll look down at an overflowing ashtray and 3 empty Marlboro boxes on my desk. That's why non smoking B&M cardrooms are the way to go for me.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:17 AM

I don't care what otheer people say, I find poker causes me stress. Working out is a benefit anyway, and it sure as hell helps relieve stress, and it gets you laid, what's not to like?