Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Ban Vince Lepore from this forum?

[ QUOTE ]
You read the post by Paul,

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not read anything by Paul Philips that claimed I was Smoothcall. It doesn't matter. I made a post that Stated flat out that I was not Smoothcall. You and Phillips and his clown army called me a liar. I spoke the truth then and it's still the truth. Now you make things up about me and Smoothcall being in some kind of conspiracy. You really are something. You are wrong. You will never be right no matter how hard you try to disguise the truth. Can you look in the mirror and say "I have been fair and honest in this matter". I can. I know that you can't. You call me weak. That's your hero's way of changing the subject form what happened here. "Let's attack Vince then we won't have to face the truth".

Vince
Old 05-08-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vince is not smoothcall. I know it looks like he is, but he's not. I met smoothcall. These guys are roommates. That's a fact. If you don't like either one of these two, confront them. Don't make childish highschool moronic bullying posts to bait them. If they call you names or pm you with insults and profanity, let me know. After all that's what I'm here for isn't it? To babysit a bunch of immature nitwits?

As far as I can tell, Smoothcall has turned over a new leaf of respectful posting. Vince is trying. All you people who are spending actual TIME on this issue...

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is, all of this appears to be accurate.

I was going to post this very thing myself, but I didn't want to further contribute to the stupidity. Now that Mr. Sklansky has broached the topic, I'll throw in a little bit.

I would suggest that everyone just put aside all of this nonsense and recognize the fact that both Vince and Smoothcall (who are, clearly now, different entities) have actually been constructively contributing in the past month or so, and should be cut some slack.

Obviously, they have a little work to do in the--ahem--demeanor department, but they seem to me to be moving past the nonsense, and I think everyone else should try to do the same.

I will, for what it's worth.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:06 PM

God bless Mat...thank you
Old 05-09-2005, 05:02 AM

That isn't the vibe I get Rushmore.

I think their 'contributions' are simply a rules lawyers trolling method, as described below:

Post inanely ridiculous topic subject with questionable content.

examples:
Is Fossilman a Professional!
Does Daniel N think Phil H. is a great or elite player?
How many of the BIG GAME players are the real deal?
A question for Dynasty and others that I respect!
Phillips Claims there is a Rivalry!
Is Fillmouth, Helmuth or Phillips?
Daniel N. rips Barry Greenstein!

These are from the first 2 pages. If they post and a topic leaves or gets low on the first page, they will reply to each other keeping the topic on the front page until either a. a flamewar about them starts or b. people try to calm a potential flame war by posing a different topic in the thread that makes more sense.

in the first 2 pages, I listed the topics that had lies or huge discrepancies in the body, or misleading topics that had related but not quite so exagerrated subjectmatter. I only had to leave about 3 posts off or it would be their entire set of postings from the first 2 pages.

like I said before, its the "I'm not touching you!" routine. Sure, they are following the letter of the law, but is there any real contribution?
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they post and a topic leaves or gets low on the first page, they will reply to each other keeping the topic

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohgetee, still the same liar you have always been. Did Phillips put you up to this? This looks like his accusation that Smoothcall and I are the same person. You lied there as did he and you are lying here or are you he and it is really PP lying. You are pathetic. Now go up to Phillips Journal and report as you always do. You are a very dishonest person. BTW isn't one of your handles on that Journal, extempore?

You "Cowardly lying" thing, you! Hey, why don't you have PP produce a chart verifying your claim here. That should be fun!

Vince
Old 05-09-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to go on a banning frenzy if people don't stop with this nonsense. And yes, Vince may be one, but only one of many.

Vince is not smoothcall. I know it looks like he is, but he's not. I met smoothcall. These guys are roommates. That's a fact. If you don't like either one of these two, confront them. Don't make childish highschool moronic bullying posts to bait them. If they call you names or pm you with insults and profanity, let me know. After all that's what I'm here for isn't it? To babysit a bunch of immature nitwits?

As far as I can tell, Smoothcall has turned over a new leaf of respectful posting. Vince is trying. All you people who are spending actual TIME on this issue...

Enough said. Let me enjoy my friday night.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he doesn't just use his roommates screen name, posting his own crap over and over again?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That isn't the vibe I get Rushmore.

I think their 'contributions' are simply a rules lawyers trolling method, as described below:

Post inanely ridiculous topic subject with questionable content.

examples:
Is Fossilman a Professional!
Does Daniel N think Phil H. is a great or elite player?
How many of the BIG GAME players are the real deal?
A question for Dynasty and others that I respect!
Phillips Claims there is a Rivalry!
Is Fillmouth, Helmuth or Phillips?
Daniel N. rips Barry Greenstein!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the posts you mention are bordering on the inane, and really serve little constructive purpose.

But it seems to me that things are calming down a little bit, and that they both seem to be posting with less weird paranoia/persecution complex.

Vince's post "Big Buy Tournament Poker" was very good, and started a useful discussion.

Smoothcall seems to enjoy the gossip/celebrity player discussions a little more, but that's his prerogative.

The real problem is the flamewars, and that's something that seems to be petering out a little bit, so let's let it do that--peter out. This involves not intentionally provoking anyone, and also not seeing monsters under the bed every time someone posts, causing any great defensiveness.

My point is that I see an improvement, and I'd hate to think I'm the sort of person who wouldn't acknowledge it just to be continually spiteful.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to go on a banning frenzy if people don't stop with this nonsense. And yes, Vince may be one, but only one of many.

Enough said. Let me enjoy my friday night.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Vincent Lepore = smoothcall = Mat Sklansky!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 AM

"I take it that Phillips put you up to this." <-- Yes, just wait till you see what Phillips and his henchmen do next.

Seriously, these guys are 100% ridiculous. What I find interesting though, is the fact that so may people on this forum spend such an inordinate amount of time responding to these guys.

Ignore them and they will go away--Vince and Smooth come across as extremely juvenile. At least this works with my cousins.

Can you guys just give them there own forum? This way they can read and respond to each others polls all day and the rest of us aren't subjected to their nonsense-- Is Chip Reese the best ever? Does Daniel Negreanu die his hair with brand x or brand y? Do you think Fossilman...blah blah blah.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:47 AM

Thank you Rushmore for being objective and not joining the bandwagon of haters and flamethrowers. And seeing that i am here to have fun and insightful discussion.

I have respected your posts more than most in this wpt forum since i have been here. So i guess it doesn't surprise me that much that you have a mind of your own to see the situaiton objectively. Instead of the haters that follow the leader.

Yeah i like the gossip more. But i enjoy discussing technical play as well. It just doesn't seem to come up alot in here. Most of the posts i see(not just by me) are some form of gossip. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But i plan on starting to post more technique sometimes in the future and or responding to actual hand situations.

Thanks again for seeing things fairly and speaking up. As not too many do. They eitehr flame or the ones that think like you would rather choose to be quiet and leave us out in the wind. As i said before i hope this is past everybody know and we can move on.
Closed Thread