Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: When to make a move?

sorry to bore you mike with a question about value betting and hand protection maybe I should just stick with the "should I call this board?" question.

my question is not nearly as intresting as that!

btw I'm not offended I just get sick of the bad beat questions on here and wanted to put up something more positive
Old 04-13-2005, 12:48 AM

with this raise preflop I'm not only getting a value bet in, I'm building a big pot and giving my self a chance to not only buy the button in a large pot but get first action on the flop more than 50% of the time. if I don't get first action on the flop and don't hit the set I do my math and most likley dump it(with an over like the Q) but this preflop play is clearly correct with the table conditions
Old 04-13-2005, 01:28 AM

I don't know, people love to call small bets on the flop more than big ones on the turn. Especially in this case, the pot is big and kind of ragged, they may just be peeling, and would be more likely to call another bet on the flop than 1 or 2 on the turn.