Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Default I got me a baaaaaaad mutha

K9 is the bad mutha. some call it canine or dog, but they are idiots. it is the bad mutha. i ain't got no reads on theses fools, but i don't think i like that turn card much...what's my line?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero??????
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: I got me a baaaaaaad mutha

I dont think there's any way to continue here. With one player it's thin, with two, you're dead.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 AM

Bet that bad boy, if its 3-bets back to you reconsider.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet that bad boy, if its 3-bets back to you reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the turn is heads-up, I'm pretty sure it won't be three bets back to him.

MP could have QJ. Could he limp AQ? I bet the turn and probably call down if raised, though that could be wrong, since a raise here means we're very likely behind. If MP just calls I bet the river.

I don't necessarily like check-calling since MP may well check behind with QJ and we don't want that.

C'mon QJ.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:53 AM

I bet and call down if raised. Villian could have QJ or 89. I wouldnt consider folding thats for sure.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think there's any way to continue here. With one player it's thin, with two, you're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

??
Old 11-30-2005, 01:06 AM

Bet/call
Old 11-30-2005, 01:06 AM

the only hands that beat you are AK/JT/QT. with no reads he could just as easily play K9, QJ, Q9, 89, T9, KT, JT, QT the same way. Hell he could also have Aces. im leading the turn and calling down if raised. If you could for sure say he was passive without a strong hand then i may bet fold the turn, but no reads and I think u need to show this down. at least it will help you develop a further read of this guy.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:40 AM

Default results

K9 is the bad mutha. some call it canine or dog, but they are idiots. it is the bad mutha. i ain't got no reads on theses fools, but i don't think i like that turn card much...what's my line?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero decides to justify his turn agg factor of 3+ and bets. villain calls. River is an X, I bet he calls and shows QJ. I rule.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: results

yay for DERG