Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Finding an Edge in HU O8

Hi,
I've been experimenting with Heads up Limit O8 SnG's. I've found at the lower stakes that simply being able to fold "dead end" hands provides enough edge to win a good percentage of the matches. (I'm still working on not tilting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Does anybody have experience HU, and have any advice to give? In particular, I'm trying to figure out the best approach to playing against LAG opponents. I hate just saying to myself "I could have the high or low, just call". I've tried being equally aggressive back but then the match can end in a heartbeat on a few pivitol hands.

I guess my question is, how do you play heads up against aggressive opponents? You know, those who will bet and RAISE with as little as an overpair or a decent low draw. Any other advice is greatly appreciated as well ...

-Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Finding an Edge in HU O8

Head to head play is about adjusting to the way your opponents play. If you opponent is a LAG adjust your starting hand requirements, dump your crap hands early and only get into a raising war when you think you have the best of it.

Try and get an understanding of how hand values change when h to h. For instance A2 hands go down in value and high only hands go up in value…

There are a lot of good posts on holdem h to h. Search for them and just apply what the recommend to Omaha.