Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Interesting 30/60 hand

Alright, so I probably should have just raised on third, but everyone behind me was so nonthreatening that I didn't really see a point to, bc quite frankly I didn't see anyone else calling. Obviously that back fired lol. Anyway my though on fourth is that I want to checkraise the low and hopefully get it heads up with him. Is that a good or bad idea? That backfired and then I thought fifth was an easy fold. Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (6.17 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (3.08 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Old 10-17-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Interesting 30/60 hand

I think you're right to toss 5th.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 PM

Without a doubt it is correct to fold 5th after this action. Would anyone ever just fold 4th if someone(probably the guy with the 73d board) bet given that our hero didnt raise 3rd? Is the check-raise isolate going to work a majority of the time to get it HU? If it will, then I like it.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 PM

I think it will against those boards, thats why I was going to try it, bc I thought for sure he would bet.