Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-23-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Myrtle Beach, SC

ok, for new years' (leaving the 27th), myself and poster Evan are going to myrtle beach with 2 friends from school to play golf and engage in general debauchery. any advice on places to go, things to do, or offers to meet cool OOTiots would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Myrtle Beach, SC

[ QUOTE ]
ok, for new years' (leaving the 27th), myself and poster Evan are going to myrtle beach with 2 friends from school to play golf and engage in general debauchery. any advice on places to go, things to do, or offers to meet cool OOTiots would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove) is less "red". Last time I was there I tried shag dancing...it is VERY popular in SC and a good way to meet women.

Greg H.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:46 AM

No idea how old you are. But if you're not 21, I strongly advise going somewhere other than Myrtle. Place is swimming with cops who are out solely to bust kids.

It goes without saying that drunk driving is a stupid thing to do, but especially in Myrtle. In one week I had three of my friends get DUIs there. If there's one city where you're gonna get a DUI, Myrtle is it.

To respond to your post, there is a decent strip club called Crazy Horse in North Myrtle. It's a 20-30 minute drive from Myrtle, depending on where you are exactly. If I remember correctly they have different themes on certain nights of the week, so you might wanna check that out.

I'm not positive about the law now, but I know that SC used to not sell alcohol on Sunday. If this is still the case, you definitely wanna buy extra on Saturday night. Just a friendly reminder.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 PM

What courses are you playing? My family and some friends go to a Holden Beach, which is about 30-40 minutes North, every summer, and I've played a lot of those courses.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What courses are you playing? My family and some friends go to a Holden Beach, which is about 30-40 minutes North, every summer, and I've played a lot of those courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the itinerary:

Date Course Time

12/28/05 Wild Wing Falcon 11:00

12/29/05 Legends Heathland 10:12

12/30/05 Blackmoor 9:23

12/31/05 Wachesaw East 11:07

01/01/06 Myrtlewood 11:00

01/02/06 Thistle 9:00
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 PM

Nice lineup. They seem to be mostly southern courses (at least compared to where I stay) so I've only played Blackmoor. I liked it a lot.

The other course I usually play are Lockwood Folly and Oyster Bay. Actually, the last time I played Oyster Bay, we only got in 17 holes because there was an alligator on one of the greens.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:13 PM

My family and I have gone off and on to Holden Beach for many years. Use to have a one lane bridge going to the beach the first few years we vacationed there...

Im more familiar with the northern courses... Lockwood Folly is a typical Byrd course...Any of the Sea Trail courses are good, especially the Jones and Fazio courses, Lions Paw, Brunswick Plantation, Sandpiper, Ocean Isle and Oyster Bay are decent.

To the poster that played Oyster Bay, was the gator on the short par 3, front side, all carry? I think it is #8??? My buddies and I saw a gator there as well!!! but he was just hanging out by the green in the water...and one of the beer cart girls that used to be there(may still be, not sure) was VERY friendly...my buddy banged her in one of the bathrooms on the course!!! Redhead, not great looking, but monster [censored]..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I agree that your best bet for nightlife is to stay outta Myrtle Beach and either go to North Myrtle or south to Pawley's...plenty to do without the headache of Myrtle Beach proper...

FWIW
Old 12-23-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the poster that played Oyster Bay, was the gator on the short par 3, front side, all carry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know if was a par 3. I think the area off to the left of the green was really wetland-ish too.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that your best bet for nightlife is to stay outta Myrtle Beach and either go to North Myrtle or south to Pawley's...plenty to do without the headache of Myrtle Beach proper...

FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah, really awesome nightlife at Pawleys, what with its one condominium lot and 1000 houses...
Old 12-26-2005, 02:10 AM

bump for last-minute tips ... we leave tomorrow night guys, help me out here.