Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: The Stars VIP Guessing Game

I still think the best compromise here is for Stars to allow players to buy bonus dollars with FPPs. The players ultimately get cash but by making it bonus dollars the site ensures that the player continues to play there to get that cash.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Unfortunately until he does something that equates to rakeback in $$/hands played terms, Stars is always going to be a 2nd tier site for serious ring players...
Old 12-22-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Lee said that this VIP program would be so good as to lay the issue of non-availability of rake-back at Stars to bed..

LOL - I'll believe that when I see it...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but lee doesn't seem to understand how much money we lose by coming to stars if we're playing, say, 60k hands of 5/10 6max every month
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, but lee doesn't seem to understand how much money we lose by coming to stars if we're playing, say, 60k hands of 5/10 6max every month

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might have an inkling of an idea, in the form of some small smudges on the left side of star's ledger.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think the best compromise here is for Stars to allow players to buy bonus dollars with FPPs. The players ultimately get cash but by making it bonus dollars the site ensures that the player continues to play there to get that cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

It cant be any type of bonus dollar scheme, that too close to what they already have.

Everyone knows you can take your 3600 FPP over to the 1-table sit-n-go to get into the $530 every month. You could unregister from that and take the 530 T$.

There are already ways to turn your FPP's into cash that involve playing on the site. I want things where my play/FPPs gets me items/trips where I don't have to play in another tourny to win them.

I want reward for my normal play, not incentives to waste my time playing other tournies seperate from what I normally play.

I played in a few of the 1,000/10,000 FPP tournies to get to Atlantis (unsuccessfully), all that happened is that I wasted a crap load of my FPPs and many hours of my time. My reward = 0, plus stars got ZERO rake from me while I wasted my time in these FPP events as opposed to playing my regular games.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows you can take your 3600 FPP over to the 1-table sit-n-go to get into the $530 every month. You could unregister from that and take the 530 T$.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 08:09 PM

You can use T$ to play sitngos, turning FPP into $ in 3 difficult and time consuming steps!. It's a good idea for SNG and MTT players, but for a ring game player 1) They'll likely be underskilled at the T$ satellite(meaning more FPP and more hours per win) and 2) They'll likely be bad at the actual SNGs or MTTs you can enter with $T, which means fewer real $ per T$.
It's possible it's still worth it from an hourly rate consideration, even an atrocious SNG player playing $5 SNGs would make a decent amount if they got to play for essentially free. Say 8 hours per T$ sat win, breakeven SNGery at the $6turbos playing 6 an hour= $22/hr. So you can turn ~35k FPP into ~$530 with ~20 hours of work, with the possibility of doing better if you can breakeven at a higher SNG level. Yay?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a good idea for SNG and MTT players, but for a ring game player 1) They'll likely be underskilled at the T$ satellite(meaning more FPP and more hours per win) and 2) They'll likely be bad at the actual SNGs or MTTs you can enter with $T, which means fewer real $ per T$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, bingo.

I like cool stuff as much as the next guy, and I expect that the FPP store will be vastly improved, but for limit grinders, FPP tourneys are a waste of time.

As are buy-ins to events like the WSOP where we'd pretty much be dead money.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:58 PM

You really don't have to be that good a tourney player to be slightly-above dead-money in a major tournament.

Top 10% usually cashes.

I made the money in my very first tournament...although this was the party-cruise with an extremely flat pay-out structure (top 180 out of 735 got paid).

Obviously you're not very interested in entries to major tourneys which is fine.
Just disputing the notion that you would be completely dead-money.
anyone who plays SNG's or MTT's online and is half-decent would have a shot of making the money at the WSOP or other major tourneys.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a good idea for SNG and MTT players, but for a ring game player 1) They'll likely be underskilled at the T$ satellite(meaning more FPP and more hours per win) and 2) They'll likely be bad at the actual SNGs or MTTs you can enter with $T, which means fewer real $ per T$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, bingo.

I like cool stuff as much as the next guy, and I expect that the FPP store will be vastly improved, but for limit grinders, FPP tourneys are a waste of time.

As are buy-ins to events like the WSOP where we'd pretty much be dead money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they could offer something like free vacations, such as free airfare/hotel to Vegas so that you can go there to play live ring games or just have a blast doing something else.

I would think Stars could send enough people to find a hotel in Vegas that would make a good deal with them.