Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Someone please torrent..

Just finish watching it. Surprising how tight everyone was early on with the exception of Devilfish. He was raising almost every hand. He was dominating the early goings. Winning almost every hand he played in uncontested.

Matusow was first to exit, he maybe played 3 hands the whole night. Admittedly he never got dealt anything decent but he may as well not have show up. Even Gus was trying to play solid but it was only a matter of time before he made his move. He was short stacked and called Ivey's all in with 10 6 of clubs vs Ivey's pocket 77. Ivey flopped a set but Gus as usual sucked out with runner, runner clubs. At this point Gus is in good shape chip wise, But A few hands later Gus calls Juanda's all in with Q8o (go figure) he was dominated by Juanda's KQ, no suck-out this time. Ivey grinded his way back from being the short stack, doubled up through Jesus. In the end he was heads up vs Juanda. A few hands go buy Juanda Moves in with Q6o, Ivey finds pocket Kings and insta calls. He doubles up and Juanda is crippled. Ivey takes it a few hands later when he calls with A 8 vs Juanda's 10 4 suited. Juanda Flops a pair of 4's but Ivey makes a straight on the river to win it.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Live Poker on Thanksgiving Day

i watched the whole thing, and it was pretty entertaining. i'm not positive, but it may have been the first time we could see live poker with pros playing on the bubble. nothing completely out of the ordinary, saw a good amount of tight laydowns.

i really enjoyed matusow and the others rippin on hellmuth. matusow praised him for making "great laydowns," one of my favorite fillmaff jokes.

there was one interesting hand 6-handed where ulliot raised from the button i believe with q2 (he was chip leader at this point and in a very aggressive mode), and hellmuth flat called with tens. flop was Q low low, and ulliot bet out. hellmuth made a disgusted look and said out loud, "i put him on kings preflop." the whole table and myself burst out laughing. he must have had an annie duke moment. phil folded the tens and the table continued to laugh. then, we had a truncated phil rant (this was a black tie affair, he was almost professional) and ripped on fergusen for calling his allin (kj) with A5. great line: "i think he made a bad call, i mean, i KNOW he made a bad call, and it was 47 percent to 53 percent, and, i mean, why cant I win the hand?"

the all in call with 106 suited by gus wasnt so bad given he was layed decent odds given his short stack and he said he read ivey as having a playable hand but not a monster. the call with Q8, i can't vouch for.

nice to see live poker, especially with the pros. happy thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:04 PM

anyone know where i can find a torrent for this?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

there was one interesting hand 6-handed where ulliot raised from the button i believe with q2 (he was chip leader at this point and in a very aggressive mode), and hellmuth flat called with tens. flop was Q low low, and ulliot bet out. hellmuth made a disgusted look and said out loud, "i put him on kings preflop." the whole table and myself burst out laughing. he must have had an annie duke moment. phil folded the tens and the table continued to laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the hand Devilfish only showed Phil the Deuce and not the queen. Making Phil think he layed down the best hand. He even referred to it in his exit interview "I made one mistake with the bad lay down".

Jesus played a lot looser than I would have expected.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After the hand Devilfish only showed Phil the Deuce and not the queen. Making Phil think he layed down the best hand. He even referred to it in his exit interview "I made one mistake with the bad lay down".

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mistaken. Phil said "I made one bad misread with the two tens," referring to his preflop read. He knew Devilfish had Q2 and his laydown was good, because after Devilfish showed the 2, Phil remarked to the rest of the table while the next hand was being dealt something about how Devilfish could raise there with a Q2.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:06 PM

anyone have a torrent of this yet? doesnt look like it will be replayed on FSN any time soon.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:44 AM

How bad is Barry Tompkins as a commentator? Does he bother anyone else?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:54 AM

How GREAT of a commentator is Howard Lederer?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:09 AM

Adam Schoenfeld is pretty good as well.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know where i can find a torrent for this?

[/ QUOTE ]