Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Is Phillips serious about his Nazi\'s being funny?

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as how the movie is titled "The Producers", I'm not even sure you've seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not sure I've seen it? Wow, what are you sure of? Did you know that the original name of the movie was "Springtime for Hitler"? I doubt it. Also it was released internationally under that title.

The difference in ridiculing someone and poking fun at someone is tantamont in my opinion. When you purposely set out to show someone as foolish or assinine or horrible you attack them so they or their actions appear ridiculous. It's might be funny but almost always not to the not to the one being attacked. When you "poke" fun at someone you do it because you found something they said or did funny (humorous) and you do so in a manner not to hurt or injure that person in an undue way. If you do not know the difference you should not mae jokes about your friends. Less you don't want them as friends anymore.

Vince
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Paul Phillips post on his website about 2+2

Vince - every time you post in this thread, do me a favor and scroll up to oreogod's avatar and stare at it for five minutes.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as how the movie is titled "The Producers", I'm not even sure you've seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not sure I've seen it? Wow, what are you sure of? Did you know that the original name of the movie was "Springtime for Hitler"? I doubt it. Also it was released internationally under that title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I didn't. I based my statement on the combination of the mistitle and my disagreement with your assessment.

[ QUOTE ]
The difference in ridiculing someone and poking fun at someone is tantamont in my opinion. When you purposely set out to show someone as foolish or assinine or horrible you attack them so they or their actions appear ridiculous. It's might be funny but almost always not to the not to the one being attacked. When you "poke" fun at someone you do it because you found something they said or did funny (humorous) and you do so in a manner not to hurt or injure that person in an undue way. If you do not know the difference you should not mae jokes about your friends. Less you don't want them as friends anymore.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't ridicule and poking fun just as easily be in the eye of the beholder?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But feel free to start another one of your pointless crusades where you try to "win" discussions through exhaustion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be your way of saying that I am correct and that you are just a big blowhard with nothing to contribute. Or was pointing out that Chaplin made a satire ridiculing Nazi's making a pont in favor of Phillips remarks. I thought that I liked it better when I had you on ignore but you are to much of an ignoramus and funny to boot to ignore.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously - why hasn't this guy been perma-banned?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:22 PM

What if it already existed?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at that sentence in bold for about a minute, trying to make some sense of it. "Tantamount" (not tantamont) means equivalent in value, significance or effect, so that sentence is just nonsensical. Paramount, maybe, instead of tantamount? But even that's poor syntax.

Maybe smoothcall could help Vince with his grammar?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips post on his website about 2+2

This thread is vearing way off topic, and there's already a thread in NVG with the same subject matter regarding the whole Hitler cinema thingy.

Let's please keep things on topic and not let threads turn into flame wars.
Closed Thread