Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-21-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: sickest laydown ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.
you should being playing mid pocket pairs for four card straights, and little else.
anyone who starts overplaying sets heads up is destined to go broke and quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
is that like level 4 sarcasm
Old 09-21-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.
you should being playing mid pocket pairs for four card straights, and little else.
anyone who starts overplaying sets heads up is destined to go broke and quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather not reveal my thinking on this one...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather not reveal my thinking on this one...

[/ QUOTE ]

sheesh, are you serious? nit ....
Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two ideas.

1. Button wants donk to stay in the game, and also wants to make a "Hellmuth" style laydown faceup to encourage the other players to attempt to bully him around, so instead of calling and probably busting the donk, and possibly causing him to leave, he folds faceup.

2. Similar to 1, but maybe donk and button are friends, and button folds faceup to again encourage the table to attempt to run him over when he has a big hand (only, of course, he won't fold next time).

I was watching UB 50/100 NL recently, a heads-up pot, pot was $1800. Flop was JJ6. First to act bets pot ($1800), other player moves all-in for around $8000, first to act folds and shows J9. Thought it was a crazy laydown, then I noticed they were both from Norway. I think that was proabably an example of #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that scientific theorem, Archem's Razor? The simplest explanation is most often the correct one. It is far more likely that, rather than picking up some crazy tell, or making some crazy overthought play, this guy just happenned to see his opponents hole cards.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two ideas.

1. Button wants donk to stay in the game, and also wants to make a "Hellmuth" style laydown faceup to encourage the other players to attempt to bully him around, so instead of calling and probably busting the donk, and possibly causing him to leave, he folds faceup.

2. Similar to 1, but maybe donk and button are friends, and button folds faceup to again encourage the table to attempt to run him over when he has a big hand (only, of course, he won't fold next time).

I was watching UB 50/100 NL recently, a heads-up pot, pot was $1800. Flop was JJ6. First to act bets pot ($1800), other player moves all-in for around $8000, first to act folds and shows J9. Thought it was a crazy laydown, then I noticed they were both from Norway. I think that was proabably an example of #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Button is dumb.

By the way, Matt Flynn had a post a while ago about the best laydown ever where his opponent folded last to act for like $5 more into an pot of $60 vs Flynn's all-in blind AA.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm in France and I see people from the U.S. playing at the same tables all the time. F-cking cheaters.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that scientific theorem, Archem's Razor? The simplest explanation is most often the correct one. It is far more likely that, rather than picking up some crazy tell, or making some crazy overthought play, this guy just happenned to see his opponents hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Occam's Razor, and it's not really a theorem... but you make a good point actually.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm in France and I see people from the U.S. playing at the same tables all the time. F-cking cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Thoughts and Results

Both players were fools. I was just curious if anyone else in the free world would lay it down, because like i said when he mucked his 77 face up i couldnt believe it. The bettor showed 79d and i laughed so hard i had to leave...........
Old 09-22-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Thoughts and Results

[ QUOTE ]
Both players were fools. I was just curious if anyone else in the free world would lay it down, because like i said when he mucked his 77 face up i couldnt believe it. The bettor showed 79d and i laughed so hard i had to leave...........

[/ QUOTE ]

good times