Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Old 12-23-2005, 07:24 AM

Default A working threaded mode

The threaded mode for viewing posts was the fastest way to check which new posts were added - AND to which part of the thread. This feature was crucial for long threads. For some reason now, the unread posts are no longer highlighted in the threaded mode which almost wipes out its usefulness. This seems like a simple feature - can we get it back?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: A working threaded mode

[ QUOTE ]
The threaded mode for viewing posts was the fastest way to check which new posts were added - AND to which part of the thread. This feature was crucial for long threads. For some reason now, the unread posts are no longer highlighted in the threaded mode which almost wipes out its usefulness. This seems like a simple feature - can we get it back?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm. the feature you mention is still working correctly for me. Try going to my home, and using the "clear cookies" option. That has occasionally fized issues like this for me.

peace

john nickle
Old 12-23-2005, 10:30 AM

No, he's right. The unread posts are no longer highlighted in the current software. The only unread indicators in threaded mode are the little folders to the left of each post and the "NEW" image on the post itself.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, he's right. The unread posts are no longer highlighted in the current software. The only unread indicators in threaded mode are the little folders to the left of each post and the "NEW" image on the post itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

im already messing up. Sorry racer, its late, or early, er, something, and i was confused.

However, when viewing in flat mode, doesnt the software automaticaly jump you to the first unread post? Are you wanting more specificity in that you only want to know if someone has responded to a certain post within a long thread? That makes sense, let me know if thats what are looking for, and i will see what can be done.

green,

john nickle
Old 12-23-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im already messing up. Sorry racer, its late, or early, er, something, and i was confused.

However, when viewing in flat mode, doesnt the software automaticaly jump you to the first unread post? Are you wanting more specificity in that you only want to know if someone has responded to a certain post within a long thread? That makes sense, let me know if thats what are looking for, and i will see what can be done.

green,

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in flat mode it takes you to the first new post since you last logged in - so it kind of assumes you read every post of every thread. Bad assumption.

But, yes, like you say, I want to see a new post bolded and to see where in the thread is the response. A lot of times, this is to see if someone responded to something I posted. It lets you see newness and position in one glance.

The system was like this until a coulpe months ago. Not sure why it went away.

Also, it made sense to have it oldest post on top in this format as well - something the old format did as well.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:19 PM

I think this is inline with what is troubling me. How do I get the posts to list in order by date of post?
Right now it runs from the first post then it seems random and all over the place.

Thanks