Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Questions

Hey-I'm a regular viewer but first time poster. I play 10/20 6 max and have played 15000 hands and have made 2.7 Big Bets/100 hands. Is this reasonable to expect to continue and what numbers do you need to know? Sorry for being such a newb.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Questions

My question stupid?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:24 PM

My Voluntary Put $ In Pot is 35; PFRaise is 16.5, and BB/100 is 2.7. These too high, too low? Any advice?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Give it some time -- your original post was up for less than half an hour and you bumped the thread twice already.

First 15,000 hands is way too small to make any judgments about your winrate, but congrats on winning.

Second, stats will tell us very little about your game unless they are quite out of line -- your post-flop decision-making is key, and stats can't show that. Stats posts are quite frowned upon.

Third, to the extent anything can be determined from your stats, I'd venture a guess that you play a pre-flop game quite different from most here. Unless you're playing a lot of SH tables (i.e., 4-5 players or less), a 35 VPIP is considered pretty high here. And a 35 VPIP with a PFR of 16 is out of the "common" zone, too -- my guess is that most have a PFR equalt to about 65% - 80% of their VPIP. Note that if you are playing SH tables so the 35% VPIP seems more "normal" to the regular posters here, then your PFR would seem to be quite low.

There's really not a whole lot anyone can say in response to your post. I, and I think lots of others, get the most out of discussions regarding hands that have actually been played (i.e., examingin the tactical choices made in the specific hand and exploring alternative approaches). Maybe you should try to jump into some discussions along these lines to get more from the forum?

Welcome.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Hey GDads,

Winrates do not converge with any effective confidence until after hundreds of thousands of hands. However, that number may not even be accurate after such a large sample because the player's game may have evolved resulting in a different true winrate.

Suffice to say, questions of this nature are futile at best. Anything positive is good. 1-2BB/100 is great. Speculating about one's true winrate before 300k hands is an exercise in futility and frustration. Check out some of the links in the sticky in SSHUSH for more on winrates and confidence intervals.

Good luck.

Surf
Closed Thread