Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Checkup after first loosing month

I remember lurking the forum for a long time hearing about winning players having loosing months and loosing years even and thinking that really has to take a toll on your confidence to continue playing. Well here I am, 3 years after starting to play poker, with my first loosing month. I have lost nearly all of my confidence I used to have when id sit at a table over this past month. My question is weather this is a downswing that is temporary or weather I am misapplying SSH that often.
Here are the numbers in question:

It seems that my VPIP is quite low, however I don’t know how to increase this without decreasing my aggressiveness, say by playing ATo from EP, but should I be raising those from EP or simply limping to play the hand.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Checkup after first loosing month

IMHO if this is your first losing month this is just a sample size issue. Or you're a liar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 04:41 AM

You should be able to get your PFR up a bit.

Limp with ATo from EP, it is too weak to raise, but worth a limp. Don't expect a huge positive expectation from this hand here, but there should be some.

How loose are the games you are playing? I'm guessing they are tight enough to play SSHE's tight guidelines, but even so you should be at about 17 VPIP playing those (I believe.)

Are you playing your suited aces from MP? All your pockets? Suited connectors from late?

Get your post flop aggression factor up too, that should be above 2.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:32 AM

Too tight.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 AM

Your VP$IP is just about identical to what the SSHE's recommendations will amount to in actual play. If your games are really that tight then there isn't much to change here.

PFR% is on the lower end of respectable range. Generally 7 to 10%. As tight as your games seem to be, I would say aiming for the higher end would be better in the long run.

One last thing that seems out of whack is AF on the flop. This number should be in the 2.5 and up range. The flop is when you are trying to protect your hands or build a pot for your monsters. If you don't build a pot you won't win as much, if you don't protect your hand enough you will lose more often, and that's a recipe for a losing streak.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be able to get your PFR up a bit.

Limp with ATo from EP, it is too weak to raise, but worth a limp. Don't expect a huge positive expectation from this hand here, but there should be some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I raise instead of limp EP with hands like QJs, JTs KJs KTs? I usually raise them from MP.

[ QUOTE ]

How loose are the games you are playing? I'm guessing they are tight enough to play SSHE's tight guidelines, but even so you should be at about 17 VPIP playing those (I believe.)

[/ QUOTE ]

if I guessed id say 1k hands were from Crypto and UB, the other 8k were party so I don’t know if I should even be using the tight guidelines or loosen up a little on those.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you playing your suited aces from MP? All your pockets? Suited connectors from late?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes on the aces. Most pockets, however I have been passing on some 55-22 if I would be first in or if there’s only 1 limper and I’m in late position. I had been folding most suited connectors, I will be adding those in late from here on out.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:48 AM

How'd you get the details stats on one page? Is it a new pt (> 2.05.08)?
Old 05-01-2005, 04:27 PM

The Sample Size Police are not happy with this post.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:23 PM

It happened, by accident. I was wondering how I was going to get the stats into the post so I started doing some work in paint and just print screened then moved it around to make it look like that.

I am honored to be the first and no doubt last to be flagged by the sample size police. I guess there’s a silver lining in this whole deal after all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]