Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 10:32 AM

Default AA vs possible four of kind Q\'s

No reads here as I wasn't paying much attention to the table. I started getting really scared when MP3 bet the turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Also should I have gone easy when the flop came? Did I play this right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 04-29-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: AA vs possible four of kind Q\'s

MP3 caps preflop. If MP3 is a good player what are his possible holdings?
AA, KK, QQ, JJ?, AK (Aq isn't a cap in my opinion but it 'could' be).

Judging from his preflop action I'd say you're up against KK or a split pot (AA) you shouldn't give anyone credit for quads easily as it is very rare.

Well played on the flop I raise the river.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:38 AM

This is the right line, IMO. After seeing the river, you are only behind AQ. With a read, I might even push for a river bet.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:42 AM

I'd say you're probably up against kings. AA is possible, but there's 6x more combos of KK out there. I'm more scared of quads on the flop than I am on the river, since QQ is obviously not a possibility anymore. He can't have QQ, I suppose he COULD have AQ, but who caps preflop with AQ? I think you played it ok, although I think I raise the river and call a 3bet just for that reason..
Old 04-29-2005, 10:45 AM

I play it the same way.

I get worried about QQ. But that is the only reasonable hand that beats you and I am not ready to give him credit for it.

There is a very small part of me that wants to raise this river. I can't see him capping pf with any hand that beats you here (this is where a read comes in handy. What's his pfr%? Is he likely to cap with KQ or AQ?) But as I think there's a chance we'd get 3-bet and shown a Q...

I call down cheaply and see what's up.

He shows:
AQ or KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 AM

I think I would have capped the flop. Then, if you were sufficiently scared of QQ, to call when he leads the turn. Once that Q hits on the river, I don't think that he'd cap with AQ, so I'm raising, and calling a 3bet.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 AM

I also tend to think that this line (villain's line) is pretty weak for the average partyer if he has a set of queens. When you get raised on the flop, I'm tempted to think he's feeling/protecting. Do you think a q might be more apt to wait for the turn to bust it?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:19 AM

I am posting having not ready any other reviews, so I am sure I will get blasted.
Pre-flop, good cap, kind of a no brainer there.
Flop, he 3 bets you here. At this point, I would have to think of the possible hands he could have capped on the flop with. AKs, probably not since you have AA. KK, which doesn't scare you. QQ, unlikely because of the two Q's that came out. AQ/KQ/QJ are the only hand that I could put him on that really scares you at this point, but other than AQ, would someone cap with that? Maybe so. I guess just call at this point.
Turn, I would have raised here, to try and see where he was at, assuming you can trust that info. A call isn't that bad of a thing either, but I would have tried the raise.
River, I would have raised it for sure here, the 3rd Q probably means he doesn't have one, you can't be afraid of the rare chances that he does, try to max out your winnings here. He probably has KK or something like that and your full house is bigger.

Feel free to bash my comments/play.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I would have capped the flop, raised the turn, called a 3bet, and then raised the river and called a 3bet. I think the posters hesitancy weakened my response, but if I was at the table, I wouldn't have slowed down until the turn, for better or for worse.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:26 AM

hmm...i've heard what people have posted, and i would have capped the flop and called down if bet into on the turn. but not for fear of QQ, but i still may be up against AQ if MP3 is aggressive at all. (hence why you should probably learn to pay attention)

why? because you are raising from the button. why not cap if he has AQs? i'm not saying he does, but i wouldn't rule it out.