Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling online

why wouldn't it put someone on tilt?

you are easily going to spark something, at LEAST get them pissed off at you. more emotion = worse play
Old 10-16-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why wouldn't it put someone on tilt?

you are easily going to spark something, at LEAST get them pissed off at you. more emotion = worse play

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious. Would you be brave enough to pull the same stunt in a B&M? I'm betting no.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:41 PM

obviously not, but why not take advantage of being on a computer? we do it all the time with pt
Old 10-16-2004, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously not, but why not take advantage of being on a computer? we do it all the time with pt

[/ QUOTE ]

Because doing something just because you can with no consequences is cowardly, imo.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:19 PM

actually in a live game there would be times where I'd do it. all i can think of right now though applies to tournaments. first of all it has to be someone u know will not pull a 12 gauge on you in the parking lot. say... phil hellmuth. example: i'm annie duke headsup with phil in the tournament of champions. he has me out chipped 2:1. phil completes in the SB, i have 88 in the BB and check. flop comes 88A, phil goes all-in. i take a really long time to think about this, 5 minutes at least. finally i call, and ask him what you got, and he flips AA. i scream YOU COMPLETED WITH THAT? then after a minute of small tirade flip over my quads. i'd take down the pot and probably the rest of the tournament as there is no way in hell phil would not be tilted
Old 10-16-2004, 02:32 PM

Lol, you're in a fantasy world.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:39 PM

never denied it.

i believe he lived to fight another day though.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually in a live game there would be times where I'd do it. all i can think of right now though applies to tournaments. first of all it has to be someone u know will not pull a 12 gauge on you in the parking lot. say... phil hellmuth. example: i'm annie duke headsup with phil in the tournament of champions. he has me out chipped 2:1. phil completes in the SB, i have 88 in the BB and check. flop comes 88A, phil goes all-in. i take a really long time to think about this, 5 minutes at least. finally i call, and ask him what you got, and he flips AA. i scream YOU COMPLETED WITH THAT? then after a minute of small tirade flip over my quads. i'd take down the pot and probably the rest of the tournament as there is no way in hell phil would not be tilted

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been gone over before. You know, raping someone's wife might put them on tilt too...why not do that.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:19 PM

Horrible analogy. That's doing something TO that person. Beyond losing the hand and being pissed off, slowrolling doesn't harm the other person.

What I told Pop on IRC was that I think overall it's a -EV move, but that if you find a situation where you think there's postive EV, go for it.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible analogy. That's doing something TO that person. Beyond losing the hand and being pissed off, slowrolling doesn't harm the other person.

What I told Pop on IRC was that I think overall it's a -EV move, but that if you find a situation where you think there's postive EV, go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an imperfect analogy yes but my point isn't to equte the two acts. The point is just because something isn't illegal in the game doesn't make it right. Play solid poker, don't resort to stupid tricks and angles to win.

I've been slowrolled many times in live games and each time I've let the person know that if it happens again I will be following them to the parking lot. It's one of my least favorite moves, shows a complete lack of class and anyone who does it a complete scumbag.

Just my opinion.