Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey vs. Prahlad Friedman on UB right now

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen Prahlad not play someone...like this. Maybe he got spanked by Ivey early this morning or has low fondage on FullTilt....not sure just guessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, hes up against someone in Phil Ivey who has virtually an unlimited bank roll. He's very aggressive, has no regard for money and has no fear. On top of all that, he is arguably the best poker player on the planet.

Yeah, I'd stay out of his way too.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, hes up against someone in Phil Ivey who has virtually an unlimited bank roll. He's very aggressive, has no regard for money and has no fear. On top of all that, he is arguably the best poker player on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you really think Mahatma is playing with scared money or that he is underrolled?

Also, Mahatma has got to have much much more HU NL experience.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, you really think Mahatma is playing with scared money or that he is underrolled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe online HUNL experience, but I think Ivey probably has more HUNL experience overall, and at much higher limits than this.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe online HUNL experience, but I think Ivey probably has more HUNL experience overall, and at much higher limits than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?!?

Prahlad has probably played tons more hands of HU NL than Ivey has. What does his "more experience overall" mean? Ivey plays a seven (or 8 or 6?) player NL game which is mixed in with several other games. There is no question as to who has more experience at exactly what they are playing.

Also, I have seen Mahatma play $200-400 HU NL before, so I'm sure he doesn't mind these stakes. Ivey has played much much higher, but that is pretty much irrelevant because they aren't playing near that high.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:41 PM

I respect Phralad except for his raps (becasue they suck ball sack). He is a very good player just not as good as me but he has potential. I have some reads on him that make it extremely profitable for me to play against him, but I don't want to give away my secrets, ya know?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:23 PM

what amazes me is Prahlad is relentless..this guy is an absolute machine...he almost never quits on somebody ..the other player is almost always the guy to bail out on him..here he is playing the biggest games online making what let's guess 10-15 PTBB/100 hands in shortish games so maybe $2000/$3000 an hour at only 100 hph, ~$4000/ 2-3 handed and as much $6000-per hour HU..on a good nite this guy the best online NLHE player in the world is making on average $15K-$25K a nite..including his losing sessions...
what gets me is he is relentless even thu the amount of money he is making is absurd.
He plays every single nite at multiple tables taking on anyone.
He is absolutely fearless.
Ivey is the guy that better watch out..this is Prahlad's realm not Ivey's. Prahlad almost never quits on Ivey ..it's always Ivey quitting him..

He has spanked Matasow, HassanSlacks all thisa guys in the last 3 weeks ..oh yea and that other superstar bet2win he wanted to bust him and now bet2win hasnt played in Prahlad's game in the last week..
very entertaining and educational to watch for us nickle and dimers
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under rolled compared to Ivey, yes. For Ivey this might as well be monopoly money. He throws away $500,000 on bets he KNOWS he cant win. This is peanuts.

I'd venture to say that most internet poker players have more NLH experience than most of the pros just because of the amount of hands they play. But that doesn't necessarily make them better than the pros.

So far Ivey has gotten the better of Prahlad.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under rolled compared to Ivey, yes. For Ivey this might as well be monopoly money. He throws away $500,000 on bets he KNOWS he cant win. This is peanuts.

I'd venture to say that most internet poker players have more NLH experience than most of the pros just because of the amount of hands they play. But that doesn't necessarily make them better than the pros.

So far Ivey has gotten the better of Prahlad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, Ivey plays in a game where the small blind is the same size as the max buy in here.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 PM

I have been known to make big bets, right now I don't want to disclose any of the real big ones or the real small ones. It is my own business but yes I love to gambol.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason Hold'em had an interesting post on hypothetical hands played and experience a while back. Be interesting if someone could dig it up.

ElSapo