Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: AA , am i beat?

[ QUOTE ]
so then he keeps betting the turn and river and you just call both times and have no clue where you stand unless he makes a monster bet. great.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you assume you call the turn and river? Play some poker
Old 12-26-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT min-bets the flop, gets called. check check on turn. you value bet the river after being checked to, he looks you up about 50% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP, and you just won a massive $3 pot. Calling that minbet is effectively checking behind on that flop.

If TT min bets and you raise, TT is probably calling. Turn Check/check, river check/call, you just won an extra $4 bucks (double the pot).

Edit re. TT calling the flop raise: in my experience, a min bet means absolutely nothing more than a check. Villain checked the flop. If he raises TT (unlikely) then you fold, shucks, we just folded the best hand on a [censored] flop. move on, [censored] happens.

If AQ min bets and you raise, he is either 3betting (easy fold) or smooth calling and leading turn (easy fold). If a queen doesnt bet the turn, make a note on the stupid donkey and move on.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT min-bets the flop, gets called. check check on turn. you value bet the river after being checked to, he looks you up about 50% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP, and you just won a massive $3 pot. Calling that minbet is effectively checking behind on that flop.

If TT min bets and you raise, TT is probably calling. Turn Check/check, river check/call, you just won an extra $4 bucks (double the pot).

Edit re. TT calling the flop raise: in my experience, a min bet means absolutely nothing more than a check. Villain checked the flop. If he raises TT (unlikely) then you fold, shucks, we just folded the best hand on a [censored] flop. move on, [censored] happens.

If AQ min bets and you raise, he is either 3betting (easy fold) or smooth calling and leading turn (easy fold). If a queen doesnt bet the turn, make a note on the stupid donkey and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're folding TT 50% of the time on the river you'll lose a LOT of pots, that's not my experience at all. And it's also not very commum to see TT calling on that flop (and imagine it isn't TT, rather 66, do you still think he calls?).

Specifics apart (we could invent situations all day to prove our points) raising purely for information is BAD.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:34 PM

66 is check folding most any flop without a six in it.
I'll agree to disagree. We're splitting hairs over a tiny pot, we both can agree that we certainly won't be winning a lot of money with this flop.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're splitting hairs over a tiny pot, we both can agree that we certainly won't be winning a lot of money with this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:49 PM

Does a queen really push in this situation?