Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2004, 01:59 PM

Default borrowing money to friends.

As some of you know, I host a crappy home game in my basement. We play 4 or 5 days of the week. Some of my closer friends seem to always owe me money.

Me and a buddy let 2 other kids play on credit for too long and cut them off. But, that's another story. Still haven't seen a penny in about 3 months. I learned a good lesson there.

Right now I have about 200 on paper that I've borrowed out.
I have a .5/.5 blind game with a $50 max buy in, but most people buy in for $20 or $30.

They always seem to pay me back within several weeks.

Should I say I'l take say 20 or 30% of their winnings when I borrow them money? Or should I just keep it friendly and be a friend and borrow them some money?

I've also got some "new blood" in my game. These people dont' have a clue, just call with the nuts, and play big pairs soft not knowing they are slowplaying. The blinds are $.50/$0.50, they'll limp in every hand, and fold to raises unless they have a "hollywood hand." Should I make the blinds .5/1, or even 1/2, or would that be too big for a $50 max buy-in while having people buying in for only $20?