Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Open up your blind stealing hands to hands like K9s, or even Q9o
No 0 0%
Depends on table tightness 8 19.05%
Yes 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

Man I can only date chicks smarter than me. They're the only ones who can catch my bs and keep me in check. And I bs A LOT. The dumb ones just eat it up. Sure it's good if you're just trying to get laid, but it gets old.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM

If you're looking for a partner for the long term, you want someone that you will respect. I have dated a lot of dumb women over the years, and always ended up being bored with them and not respecting them because they had no intellectual contribution to make in the relationship. I met my wife while we were both in law school, and I was glad to find an intellectual equal (I may just be fooling myself, she might be smarter than me, but I will never admit it.) We had a lot in common, made each other laugh, and shared a lot of the same views and values. And great sex. Yes, I have to deal with her being an argumentative biyatch a lot of times (she doesn't argue, she cross-examines, and she is great at it), but she's right a lot, too, and doesn't let me get away with all the BS I pulled on the dumber girls. There's a lot to be said for someone who will call you out on your BS; it makes you a better person. So date all the dumb women you want, but find someone you respect when you are ready to settle down, or, settle down when you find someone you respect.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:36 PM

intelligence is a huge thing. For dating I don't think its that important, but for marriage and kids, I to have kids that are intelligent. Plus her having a better occupation and making money is also good. This probably sounds really bad but I don't think I would marry anyone without at least a bachelors degree. And probably would look for a girl who is a proffessional. (only for marriage, and its not cast in stone. Just something that is semi-important to me)
Old 12-06-2005, 12:26 AM

independ(E)nt, not independ(A)nt

arguing, not argu(E)ing

Not trying to be a nit - my extremely intelligent (and obscenely hot) girlfriend happened by and noticed those two.

I must go now; she has just asked me - in perfect classic Latin - to, ahem, "service" her.

I love it when she does that; I have such difficulty understanding her when she uses Chineese. I'd be [barely] OK if she'd stick to Mandarin but when she switches to Cantoneese it's hopeless.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I was going to go with "Greek" for the punchline but there are too many of you with one-track minds.

- Filthy animals . . . I love you all. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I held out for an attractive girl as smart as me , I'd be celibate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 AM

If they are smart enough to not make me cringe in shame when they speak then I honestly don't care. If she was way, way smarter than me it might be a wierd thing. As long as she wasn't so smart that I would give up immediately whenever we disagreed due to always being proven wrong then ya, it might suck.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must go now; she has just asked me - in perfect classic Latin - to, ahem, "service" her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, "uckfay emay"?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM

I think there is a big distinction between dumb and not as smart as you. Its like SAT levels for chosing a school. You want to be somewhere in the school's range, but its not all that matters. I believe that mutual respect is very important, and I can't imagine myself having much respect for someone apathetic or dumb.

I have always been attracted to the smartest/wittiest girls I knew, but when I actually fell in love, it was with a girl who is not as smart as me, but still intelligent, kind/caring, beautiful, interested, and hard-working. These are all factors that can lead to a fufilling relationship.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 AM

I only dated one woman who was MUCH smarter than me. I hae to admit, I liked it for the most part. There were some other things that just couldn't be worked out.

ALso, I would have liked an option for "as smart or smarter."

I would never date someone who was less than just marginally below my intelligence level.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:17 AM

ATM Im dating a female who has 5 years on me and is Def smarter then I by a good margin, yet it is good times.