Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Stillman and Williamson are my heros

[ QUOTE ]
I let her thing for as long as I can stand it. The longer she takes the more likely she is to talk herself into a call IMO. However after about 5 or 10 minutes I would have been steaming Hellmuth style and probably would have called a clock

[/ QUOTE ]

If im Sheik I'm praying she folds beacuse he's about to do another suckout.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how long in real time she took before she layed down the KJ against the Sheik?

[/ QUOTE ]

the question is, if you're Sheik with the aces, do you call the clock on her or let her think about it as long as she wants?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is if I'm at the table but not in the hand, with a smallish stack, would I be wrong to call for the clock? I think after about 10 minutes I would have had to. Who finally called for it?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then she raises one player with AJo, and when Raymer comes over the top of her for 1.3 million with Kings she makes the call rather quickly as if she expected Raymer to flip up AT or a couple of sevens. Then later on

[/ QUOTE ]

Then later on?? She won this hand too??? I missed the last half hour or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

She lost on AJ v KK, doubling Raymer up. Later she doubled up off of Sheikhan with A7o v QQ.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She did get in on a freeroll guys, you expect her to be world-class or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incorrect, Norman Chad yet again had no idea what he was talking about. She won a WSOP package at Gutshot - which included tickets, hotel and something else, I don't remember, but it did not include an entry to the main event. She won a seat in cash satellite when she got to Vegas.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell did Williamson make it past day 1? Let's see, she reraises an EP raiser with KJs, then takes forever to lay them down when the guy with aces goes all in. Then she raises one player with AJo, and when Raymer comes over the top of her for 1.3 million with Kings she makes the call rather quickly as if she expected Raymer to flip up AT or a couple of sevens. Then later on the dude who made her lay down KJs makes a standard raise with QQ, then she raises all in with A7o and spikes an ace on the flop.

It was some of the worst play I've seen so far in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that the laydown against the Aces had her convinced that she was bluffed out and she wouldn't let go of that thought later. Based on some of the hands we've seen in other players' confrontations (amateur vs. pro), her conclusions may not have been that far off.

The thought process against FossilMan with the AJ vs KK hand, as she worked her way through it to her horrible conclusion, was the neon sign for this thought process to me.

I'm not surprised by a lot of her play- I may be incorrectly reading her, but could she have come in with the assumption that the pros would try to steamroll over the amateur woman?

If there's something I've learned eventually, from the WPT-era of poker television, it is not to jump too far on the "player sucks!" bandwagon. We may not have seen a lot of her good plays.

Unless you think that she must have had the world's biggest horseshoe shoved up her yahoo, and she was the only one (did you miss Fossilman's suckout earlier in the shows?), don't assume much from what you see on TV.

I will say that, from what I've seen of her play so far, I wouldn't fear her (except for her loose unpredictability) at the table. However, she did manage to build up the chips that let her survive some of those horrible decisions tthat we're seeing now. I'd find it hard to believe that all of those chips resulted from sheer luck, because the odds are against it.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell did Williamson make it past day 1? Let's see, she reraises an EP raiser with KJs, then takes forever to lay them down when the guy with aces goes all in. Then she raises one player with AJo, and when Raymer comes over the top of her for 1.3 million with Kings she makes the call rather quickly as if she expected Raymer to flip up AT or a couple of sevens. Then later on the dude who made her lay down KJs makes a standard raise with QQ, then she raises all in with A7o and spikes an ace on the flop.

It was some of the worst play I've seen so far in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that the laydown against the Aces had her convinced that she was bluffed out and she wouldn't let go of that thought later. Based on some of the hands we've seen in other players' confrontations (amateur vs. pro), her conclusions may not have been that far off.

The thought process against FossilMan with the AJ vs KK hand, as she worked her way through it to her horrible conclusion, was the neon sign for this thought process to me.

I'm not surprised by a lot of her play- I may be incorrectly reading her, but could she have come in with the assumption that the pros would try to steamroll over the amateur woman?

If there's something I've learned eventually, from the WPT-era of poker television, it is not to jump too far on the "player sucks!" bandwagon. We may not have seen a lot of her good plays.

Unless you think that she must have had the world's biggest horseshoe shoved up her yahoo, and she was the only one (did you miss Fossilman's suckout earlier in the shows?), don't assume much from what you see on TV.

I will say that, from what I've seen of her play so far, I wouldn't fear her (except for her loose unpredictability) at the table. However, she did manage to build up the chips that let her survive some of those horrible decisions tthat we're seeing now. I'd find it hard to believe that all of those chips resulted from sheer luck, because the odds are against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She said she had made a similar call with KJ and doubled up. So yes a lot of her chips were bad calls and got lucky.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 PM

[quote
She said she had made a similar call with KJ and doubled up. So yes a lot of her chips were bad calls and got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did one time become a "lot of her chips" ? Care to tell me exactly what day that KJ hand occurred on, the pot size, the flop, and so on?

We have no idea, and never will, what percentage of her hands in this WSOP ME were lucky suckouts vs. best hand preflop and on the flop. We can certainly guess, but to presume any real accuracy is stupidly arrogant.

Here's something you may not be really comprehending- every big tournament winner has lucky suckouts, bad decisions (bad for the actual facts of the hands, not necessarily the "facts" that were available to them at the time), and everything else that you're seeing. The percentage of these lucky breaks may be smaller for the pros than the crazy amateurs, but that's it.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 PM

Hmm if a "pro" calls off his chips with KJsooted then he should not be labeled a pro.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:18 PM

Well, we're waiting for your meteoric rise to the top of the poker ranks then, since you are the only pro around.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How has nobody mentioned Stillman's best quote of the night:

After raising on the button with a pair of two's, then pushing all-in first to act on a A,J,9 board and getting called by AT:

[/ QUOTE ]

How could he act first after the flop if he was on the button?