Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Party Offers - The Truth

grouchie:

I received your email about not receiving your VIP Bonus for November.

The reason you did not receive a bonus is you did not meet the minimum qualifications for VIP Club membership, and hence the cash award.

To qualify for VIP membership you needed to have generated a minimum of $1,000 in rake for the month of November. Your goal of 4,000 hands needed to be played at a $1/$2 level or greater to meet this standard. According to my records you played well in excess of the 4,000 hands, but you were playing at the micro-level tables of $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1.00. Even the number of hands you played at this level did not bring you to the required minimum, and in fact you would have needed to play almost 12,000 hands, or double, what you did for the month.

I am sorry you were mislead on this, and it was by no means intentional.

If you have any other questions please email me.

Thank you,

Daniel Wexler

Promotions Manager

Party Gaming

Email: xxxxx

Direct: xxxxx

http://www.partygaming.com

at least he's sorry that I was mislead.
It's nice that they promise something and then when it comes time to pay up they say "but you didn't read the small print that we never showed you or informed you about.... sorry"

edit, forgot to edit out his personal information
Old 12-15-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After not receiving my November bonus from Party, I've sent various emails to Party trying to find out why not and when its coming ..

Today I received a mail from the Promotions Manger himself .. to quote a few lines :

[ QUOTE ]
To earn VIP status and the cash award you must have generated a minimum of $1,000 in rake for the month. Your target goal was set up to make sure you reached this mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

So .. it has nothing to do with the number of raked hands you play(ed).

[ QUOTE ]
For players who fell short of their goal but still met the minimum VIP Club requirements we re-calculated their bonuses based on their actual play for the month. But it was not as simple as saying ‘If you reached 50% of your goal you will receive 50% of your target bonus.’

[/ QUOTE ]

I WAS told, play 50% of your target, recieve 50% of the bonus .. (play 50% more, get +50% on top of the bonus)

After mailing him back addressing these points, I've received another mail answering my queries ..

[ QUOTE ]
Our VIP representatives, when calling players to set up deals, gave the bare minimum for VIP Club membership which was roughly 4,000 hands at a minimum of $1/$2 play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is rubbish .. as I played almost 2000 more than that number of raked hands at 2/4 - someone's done their sums wrong somewhere

So it seems that the target number of raked hands that people were set were irrelevent. It had nothing to do with the number of raked hands.

I was told I needed to do the 4000 raked hands minimum to qualify into the VIP Scheme .. I did that +50% .. and yet they are refusing to pay me my bonus for Novemeber because I never "generated a minimum of $1,000 in rake for the month of November"

Funny .. when the VIP rep was on the phone to me, she never mentioned anything about that .. only about raked hands, raked hands, raked hands and raked hands ..

Anyways, I've sent him a mail back expressing thoughts about being "deliberatly misled .... "

I wonder if I'll get a reply .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note to Thunda and anyone else who talks to someone on the phone about something like this... ANY time you have a phone conversation, it should ALWAYS be followed up by something in writing. It is real easy for someone to tell you one thing then say that you 'misinterpreted' what they said. Simply, after finishing your conversation with their VIP rep, you should have asked her to send you an email verifying the content of the conversation. This is why companies deal over the phone often, as they can get away with a LOT more.

In essence... don't trust anything that is not in writing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:02 PM

I received basically the same reply as everyone else from Daniel at PartyPoker.

Since PP is traded on the London Stock exchange I was wondering if they are monitored by some group or government. For example, here in the States if you've been screwed over you can contact the BBB or Attorney General. Most of the time nothing happens when you contact these places, but if enough people complain the Attorney General will usually investigate the matter. We have a rather large group of people who were mislead by PP and may be able to get someone from outside to look into this matter.

Does anyone know if there is some group we can contact?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:38 PM

This is depressing. After debating whether to go through the hassle of closing an account and opening up a new one with an affiliate, I finally was contacted by Party and offered a deal similar to what others mention here. I got a call, and nothing in writing.

Sounds like perhaps I should have placed my trust in an affiliate instead.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:02 PM

"Does anyone know if there is some group we can contact?"

Yes, there is a group of people lead by a man named Lee Jones. They have their own website called Pokerstars. They will be happy to show you an example of what good customer service is and this will allow you to make your own conclusions. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Does anyone know if there is some group we can contact?"

Yes, there is a group of people lead by a man named Lee Jones. They have their own website called Pokerstars. They will be happy to show you an example of what good customer service is and this will allow you to make your own conclusions. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

and I hear that their rakeback is soooo much better - not
Old 12-15-2005, 02:46 PM

I'll take good customer service with no rakeback over crappy customer service with no rakeback any day. Call me crazy.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:33 PM

I've already moved some of my play to PokerStars. The only thing is Lee Jones came here about a month ago promising a great VIP program and we still have nothing. How long can something like this take to setup?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 PM

I've now had quite a few frank email exhanges with Danny Boy the Promotions Manager at Party ..

I've finally gotten the following out of him :

[ QUOTE ]
Had you reached just 50% of your target for the month you would have received a $100 bonus. In your case this was just 701 additional raked hands at the $2/$4 level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooooooo .. now he's back to telling me that it IS raked hands that count and no longer $1000 of generated income.

Which means If I'd played 6000 raked hands at $2/$4 (50% of my target) I'd have got 22% of the bonus on offer - which apparently, according to Danny Boy is the equivalent of playing "roughly 4000 raked hands at $1/$2" which would have had me qualify for the VIP and got a bonus ..

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I'd love a job as an accountant at Party if thats the type of maths your used to (and hopefully you play poker and sit at a table I'm sat at ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Telling you - they're making it up as they go along! First he's saying that I never generated $1000 in rake so I didn't qualify - nows he's telling me I was 701 hands short of qualifying ..

Sigh ...

Anyway, in my last mail to him I finished off with :

[ QUOTE ]
Come on man!!!! At least get you story straight!!! Or failing that admit you screwed up ... much rather you admit to that than constantly spouting this crap with more holes in it than my underpants ..

[/ QUOTE ]

But heard nothing back yet ..
Old 12-15-2005, 04:18 PM

He made a post recently in Internet Gambling forum, I think that he says "Real Soon Now." Which is translated to mean that they are working on it but have been delayed by unforseeable circumstances beyond their control. I'm patient. All my tourney play went to Stars a long time ago.