Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Part timers - what do you do with your winnings?

I actually have a different plan than any other post thus far - I have been taking my cash limit winnings and "investing" them into on-line tournaments. After 4-6 months, I have final tabled & won a few, making me +EV in these low buy-in events. So now I'm thinking of funding a WSOP trip to try one of the earlier lower buy-in events. My winnings are funding a scouting trip to Vegas in January to work on my live tournament play.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. 2/4 is good you will like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx. Only in Oct & Nov have I felt comfortable with my game at $1/$2. I really had to tighten my game from $0.50/$1. How different is $2/$4?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found 2/4 to be a noticeable jump in quality of opponent. You will still find loose tables, but not as frequently. Two things that helped me:
1. Play tighter until you pick up the feel for the table
2. Play one 2/4 and one 1/2 for awhile to compare.
That said, if you are winning at 1/2, you can definitely be a winner at 2/4. Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM

I'm pre-paying for my 6 week old son's college [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, and a lazy boy (bought) and a 54" DLP (in the works).
Old 11-29-2005, 02:15 PM

I just let my roll grow for the time when I maybe decide to do it seriously and step up to 2/4 and 3/6.

I have a well paying job so I don't need the money.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokers paying for me to go to the world cup this summer, should be fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Around my house we are conflicted about who to cheer for. We live in Switzerland, my son was born in France, my wife in México, and I'm American. All four countries are in. Anyways, PM me if you'd don't know anyone over here as I am sure my son will be up there for some of the games and all of the party. He'll be 18 by then, so probably close to your age?? He's not interested in Poker at all, just girls, rock'n'roll, beer, and "soccer".
Old 11-29-2005, 04:36 PM

I am planning on seeing how far up I can go in the limits. So no cashouts. I suppose I will eventually get over my head and the TAGs will end up with all my money. I have 10,000 hands under my belt at .50$/1$ and I have just started playing 1$/2$ at Stars under the cover of a bonus.

Hopefully I get good enough to write a book on Poker. I suspect that's where the real money is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 04:56 PM

I bought my season pass with it this year. So every time I go boarding on the mountain it's going to make it twice as sweet that I'm doing it with other peoples money. The rest I use on Columbian nasal spray obviously.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM

I leave about 400BB at the site for my BR. Will do a cashout when it tickles my fancy to do so, somewhere between 400-1000BB. I did use $100 from winnings to purchase a second 21" monitor capable of 1600x1200 resolution.

Plan to use the rest of the money to supplement the Down Payment and Closing Costs on an investment property. Even though I will be cashing out somewhere near $6500 by the end of year, from playing .50/1.00, this does not make much of a dent considereing current housing prices and rising mortgage rates.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Winnings? What winnings?

Seriously though... I leave it in as bankroll so I can move up limits. I'd like to get to at least 3/6.

Also, I'd be careful about taking out more than winrate x number of hands. That +75BB session you had this month is just insurance for the -75BB session you're going to have next month.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pay for grad school, invest, and keep my overall finaces in the black.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're paying for grad school?!?!? Get a fellowship and play poker for beer money.